Sipsorcery down?

Latest news about SIP Sorcery
ilanesh

Post by ilanesh » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:56 am

hongkongpom, I guess we talk in crossway, you completely talk something els and Isomething else, this is not working this way in only typing on the forum. I gave you an option to talk on the phone, but you did want, so I give up on it now.
I told you that you can pm me if you are really interrested but this is your joy.
One thing you understood right, yes it bypasses your sipprovider, and again no, there is no ddns I even do not know what is a ddns.
What I am talking about is the free DNS server, and something like this you CAN NO INSTALL. iT WORKS FROM THE WEBPAGE.
And forget about your router, voipcall forwarding has nothing to do with your router and with you installing anything. Also you do not need to put the free DNS username and stuff like this in your pap2, you just do as I wrote. I guess I give up.
Take care.

hongkongpom

Post by hongkongpom » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:41 pm

ilanesh wrote:hongkongpom,
One thing you understood right, yes it bypasses your sipprovider, and again no, there is no ddns I even do not know what is a ddns.
What I am talking about is the free DNS server, and something like this you CAN NO INSTALL. iT WORKS FROM THE WEBPAGE.
And forget about your router, voipcall forwarding has nothing to do with your router and with you installing anything. Also you do not need to put the free DNS username and stuff like this in your pap2, you just do as I wrote. I guess I give up.
Take care.
Hi ilanesh,

This is a public forum & we all like to learn things which is why I want us to brainstorm this in public, rather that privately. Other people reading this want to understand what is involved in setting this up which is a great idea of yours!

Let me explain myself better

You say that in SS you have put the following:

Provider Name gizmo5
Username 1747XXXXXXXXX
Password XXXXXXX
Server sip:proxy01.sipphone.com
Register Yes
Register Contact sip:mygizmo5username@myddnsusername.cjb.net:5060

This tells me that your VSP is G5.
The register contact is whom your incoming VoIP calls will be forwarded to by SS.

You say that you don't know what ddns is, but that is what you are doing. See the part of your register contact after the @ sign. This is your ddns service that you have signed up to. The ddns service is provided by cjb.net

When you connect to their website, you tell cjb.net what your computer IP address is. As you have said in a previous posting, you must go to this website every few days so cjb.net can update your PC IP address if it has changed.

If you don't do this, and your PC IP address changes, then the forwarding will fail. You can automate this process by setting your cjb.net ddns in your router (many routers can do this) or install the cjb.net ddns client on a PC that is on your network. Then you will never have to go to the webpage you talk about above at cjb.net to update your IP address.

I have just gone to the cjb.net website and they don't seem to have a ddns client available to download. There is another ddns website that offers a client but it means you will have to change your ddns information. The company is noip.com http://www.no-ip.com/downloads.php

cjb.net knows your IP address because of this ddns service. The IP address will enable connection to your pap2. Any calls forwarded by SS to your register contact, will be directly forwarded to your pap2.

So any VoiP call will go to G5>SS>cjb.net>pap2

The problem with this method is if SS is offline then the forwarding will not occur to your pap2. Also you lose out on the SS incoming dial plan functionality.

To properly bypass SS, you need to put your register contact into the G5 and all of your VSP's forwarding screens so the path will be VSP>cjb.net>pap2

You don't put the forwarding in SS.

Now SS is not involved at all and is a great idea, so thankyou for getting my thinking going. :D

ilanesh

Post by ilanesh » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:08 pm

The best way to find it out is to try it, no-ip I can`t use, it is not working for me and it is also not free anymore, I use only free.
Sadly cause they have linux automated updater, and I am a linux and opensolaris user.
I have on linux enabled also automated in a comandline, but aniways, I trust only when I go from time to time or once a month there and click on update, my isp is always the same it is changing not often I think once in a few months or after a power failore. But I am getting tired of typing, I am not a typer, I do everything by voip, its fast and easy. I got all of my help and learning by someone who guidet me on the phone.

hongkongpom

Post by hongkongpom » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:55 am

ilanesh wrote:The best way to find it out is to try it, no-ip I can`t use, it is not working for me and it is also not free anymore, I use only free.
Sadly cause they have linux automated updater, and I am a linux and opensolaris user.
I have on linux enabled also automated in a comandline, but aniways, I trust only when I go from time to time or once a month there and click on update, my isp is always the same it is changing not often I think once in a few months or after a power failore. But I am getting tired of typing, I am not a typer, I do everything by voip, its fast and easy. I got all of my help and learning by someone who guidet me on the phone.
Hi ilanesh,

Noip is free for private use if you are not a company and they also have a linux version.

http://www.no-ip.com/downloads.php

snvv

Post by snvv » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:16 am

hongkongpom wrote: Noip is free for private use if you are not a company and they also have a linux version.

http://www.no-ip.com/downloads.php
Hello,
If your distribution support it use the PM to install it (i.e in debian see: noip2 & inadyn)
Regards,
snvv

ilanesh

Post by ilanesh » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:31 am

thank you, but I even can`t login to them eventhought I have a account with them, and I am very satifite with my cjb.net, it is doing his job wonderful and no headegg with them like with others, and easy to use.
Dyndns.org I use only with my router that I do not always have tp go into my router and change the ip for all of my callforwardings, but most of them I gave to my 3 machine now each of them their own static ip adress.