Sipsorcery down?

Latest news about SIP Sorcery
hongkongpom

Post by hongkongpom » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:31 am

Ahh, the sweet sound of dial tone in the morning!

Thanks Aaron very much indeed...can we find out what the problem was?

If the server crashed can some kind of heartbeat service be run on it so that it will be automatically rebooted if it happens again?

:D

deeknow

Post by deeknow » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:22 am

yes SS is back up and I can received calls, but am still having trouble with outgoing ... not sure if its SS or if its my setup. tried so many things when SS was down, i may have messed up something in my setup..

anyone else having trouble with outgoing??

ilanesh

Post by ilanesh » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:39 am

no problem with outgoing calls today here, incoming calls would always work also when sipsorcery was down, I forwardet gizmo5 to my pap2 strait via my free dns server, worked out of the box, now I did forward all the others strait to my pap2 via free dns server, otherwise on the other when using register with sipsorcery they would not register, after forwarding t dns now they all register and incoming works on all of them, best of them is stil gizmo5. FWD and Voxalot are the worsest, no incoming no outgoing calls eventhought they are registered, so I removed voxalot permanently now and may also will do with fwd when it is going on to do always troubles, since voxalot and fwd not free anymore they went down the hill.
Thanks to Aaron that I could go into the website again and do all this forwarding to avoid future problems.

hongkongpom

Post by hongkongpom » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:13 am

I noticed that a couple of my VSPs had dropped off registration so I had to re-register them.

I tried making a test call back to my landline and it took about one minute for the call to connect so it seems there are still some teething problems.

Seems that the SIP invites are taking a while to be sent through.

ilanesh

Post by ilanesh » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:48 am

If you would all do what I wrote here so you would not have a single problem, but it seems to be ignored what am writing. Just thought it would help also to others, never register to sipsorcery, do register to a free dns server and get it strait forwardet to your ATA no delays and no problems anymore with incoming calls. And it will register strait, put on your sipsorcery "register:username@dyndnsuser.dyndns.org:5060" or whatever port you use and do this with all your providers, believe no more problems also when sipsorcery is down, oh and don`t forget, on you ATA set: receive calls without register=yes and you are done.

hongkongpom

Post by hongkongpom » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:18 pm

ilanesh wrote:If you would all do what I wrote here so you would not have a single problem, but it seems to be ignored what am writing. Just thought it would help also to others, never register to sipsorcery, do register to a free dns server and get it strait forwardet to your ATA no delays and no problems anymore with incoming calls. And it will register strait, put on your sipsorcery "register:username@dyndnsuser.dyndns.org:5060" or whatever port you use and do this with all your providers, believe no more problems also when sipsorcery is down, oh and don`t forget, on you ATA set: receive calls without register=yes and you are done.
Thanks, this is great information. It's not that I'm ignoring you, it's just that I don't understand what you mean but it is a great idea!

Where does the dyndns software get installed? My ATA doesn't have provision to register a dyndns server. My router normally does but it is in AP mode because it is plugged into my SPA3102's LAN port.

If I can avoid using an aggregator service that would be fanastic!

Can you give us more step by step information?

Thankyou

ilanesh

Post by ilanesh » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:37 pm

hongkongpom, sorry for my english that I confused you, it is not my native language.
As to dyndns.org, it is a free dns server, no need to install, this one I use for my router cause ,my IP from time to time changes.
For to forward to my IP strait to the ATA I use cjb.net, it is another free dns server. Both no need to install.
When you add your sip providers on sipsorcery then it is automatic on: your username@sipsorcery.com
But nastead you can do this way: If your provider is for example gizmo5 then you use when for example your username is: 12345 for gizmo5 then this way:
12345@your dyndns or cjb.net username.dyndns.org:5060 or cjb.net:5060, when your ATA is on port 5060. I wish I could better explain it with my easy english, but this way it go`s strait to your ATA you will have also better sound.

You can sign up for dyndns.org and then use any provider with this forwarding this way to your ATA. Also enable on your router your ATA`s IP and your ATA`s Port, the default is 5060. I gave my pap2 a stable internal IP and put this IP in my router.

The add for dynds is: www.dyndns.org
and the other free is: www.cjb.net
I found out that the cjb.net is more stable or less problems when forwarding with voip.
Good luck. :-)

hongkongpom

Post by hongkongpom » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:08 pm

ilanesh wrote:hongkongpom, sorry for my english that I confused you, it is not my native language.
As to dyndns.org, it is a free dns server, no need to install, this one I use for my router cause ,my IP from time to time changes.
For to forward to my IP strait to the ATA I use cjb.net, it is another free dns server. Both no need to install.
When you add your sip providers on sipsorcery then it is automatic on: your username@sipsorcery.com
But nastead you can do this way: If your provider is for example gizmo5 then you use when for example your username is: 12345 for gizmo5 then this way:
12345@your dyndns or cjb.net username.dyndns.org:5060 or cjb.net:5060, when your ATA is on port 5060. I wish I could better explain it with my easy english, but this way it go`s strait to your ATA you will have also better sound.

You can sign up for dyndns.org and then use any provider with this forwarding this way to your ATA. Also enable on your router your ATA`s IP and your ATA`s Port, the default is 5060. I gave my pap2 a stable internal IP and put this IP in my router.

The add for dynds is: www.dyndns.org
and the other free is: www.cjb.net
I found out that the cjb.net is more stable or less problems when forwarding with voip.
Good luck. :-)
Thankyou for your advice and help. Unfortunately I cannot set my ATA for any ddns service so I cannot use this excellent method.

mxnerd

Post by mxnerd » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:56 pm

ilanesh wrote:If you would all do what I wrote here so you would not have a single problem, but it seems to be ignored what am writing. Just thought it would help also to others, never register to sipsorcery, do register to a free dns server and get it strait forwardet to your ATA no delays and no problems anymore with incoming calls. And it will register strait, put on your sipsorcery "register:username@dyndnsuser.dyndns.org:5060" or whatever port you use and do this with all your providers, believe no more problems also when sipsorcery is down, oh and don`t forget, on you ATA set: receive calls without register=yes and you are done.
I don't understand why it will work this way? And where (which field) do you put "register:username@dyndnsuser.dyndns.org:5060" command? Is it Register Contact? And you still have to rely on Sipsorcery.com for dial plan unless you are not using any.

ilanesh

Post by ilanesh » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:04 pm

hongkongpom, no you do not need it in your router, it is just when you would like to use it. I works without to put dyndns.org into your router, it is very simple all, I could walk you through, you can pm me and I give you my gizmo5 number, but you still need sipsorcery, it is just a good way that when sipsorrcery is down then you still can receive your incoming calls without sipsorcery, but only when you on your ATA put "receive incoming calls without register", otherwise it will not work, and outgoing calls I did via sipbroker when sipsorcery was down. And you do not need to tuch your dialplan at all, leave your dialplan as it is, it is not affecting your dialplan.