VoipBuster (and other Betamax services) Petition

Latest news about SIP Sorcery
jack9901

Post by jack9901 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:14 am

ais11 wrote:If you configure Betamax account in MSS FUP will appear. I think only solution is probably to configure your dial-plan in the ATA device to include betamax account. Condition is that the user name/passwrd for both MSS and Betamax accounts should be same. More details can be searched in the forum somewhere.
This is a useful trick. It looks like mysipswitch does not work with this trick when mysipswitch is in the dial plan. With a call to number@provider, the provider checks if the number is its member or not. If yes, it is an inbound call; if not, it is an outbound call, and the provider ask for authorization. With a call to number@mysipswich, it looks like mysipswich checks the from header (but I am not sure). If it is not from mysipswich domain, it is treated as an inbound call. So the dial plan trick does not work.

jack9901

Post by jack9901 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:45 pm

It looks like only Betamax works with this trick. I had mistakenly thought PBXes worked with this trick but it is NOT. The status screen of PBXes showed that my ATA was unregistered but it actually "remembered" my ATA for qutie some time to let the trick go through. After that, the trick stopped working. So Betamax is an exception and to get mysipswitch to work with this trick, maybe it is back to my original thought, to add the IP authentication feature.

ais11

Post by ais11 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:09 am

I think if one can handle outgoing routes through dialplan, the betamax FUP problem should be resolved while we can keep using MSS for other outgoing and incoming calls. Below is a sample dialplan for PAP2 device. The PAP2 is configured in normal way for MSS but below dialplan is resulting calls to UK through SIPDISCOUNT account while all other calls will go through MSS. I dont see any FUP problem here because calls are originating from your ATA and MSS is not involved. Condition is your user name for both MSS and Betamax provider should be same.

(<:>[0044]xxxxxxxxxxxxxS0<:@sip1.sipdiscount.com>|*xx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

jimmy

Post by jimmy » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:09 am

In PAP2 you could also change to sipura fw (from SPA-1001 as I recall) which supported specification of user and password in dial-plan (so user/password can be different). Drawback it that sipura fw supported only one line (so second line in PAP2 is unused). But trick with dialplan (same login/password) and MSS is the best and easiest to work - works on PAP2T and should work on many others ATA.

pierredh00

voipbuster

Post by pierredh00 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:42 pm

Still no solution for voipbuster ?

If not, it will be a real problem because i imagine that then soon or late all the providers will do something similar.

Do it be possible to change dynamically the IP address of the server ? for example each 300 minutes ?

I like this software, i really hope someone will find a solution.

Pierre
www.sjvietnam.org
International volunteer organization