Donations

Latest news about SIP Sorcery
patrick

Donations

Post by patrick » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:36 am

Hi, Aaron,

I've been using MSS/SS for about two years now and love it. I saw on your blog your calling for donations to trial a new hosting provider.

Can you please provide status updates on how much you have raised?

I am pretty poor, but since I'm a user of this service I do want to give back however much I can.

Thanks as always,
Pat

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Donations

Post by Aaron » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:44 am

Yep sure. So far the total amount donated is ... $0 :P.

Regards,
Aaron

LHM

Post by LHM » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:37 pm

Plunk . . ...$20

guduri

Post by guduri » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:08 pm

Aaron,

I just donated. Could you please update us periodically so that we can know if we are close to goal or way off as the date nears.

Thanks

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:25 pm

Thanks very much for the donation! 8)

I'll be making updates to the total every two or three days on the blog page http://sipsorcery.wordpress.com/donate/.

Regards,

Aaron

MikeTelis

Post by MikeTelis » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:39 pm

Seems like Moneyhookers are oversuspicious, I got the following warning message:
WARNING

Payments between US customers, and US customers and international customers using the Send Money service are not supported.
Please do NOT upload funds if you intend to use our Send Money service to make such payments.
While I've been fighting with their support people Aaron enabled donations via Paypal :-) and it worked like a charm. Hope you'll find this comment useful.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:00 am

I wasn't aware of that limitation in moneybookers, it's a bit stupid really, probably due to money laundering or something but for sipsorcery donations it makes moneybookers pretty useless. I'll leave it as an option but put a warning on the donations page for US users so they can avoid a similar frustrating experience.

I was trying to avoid using PayPal due to high number of unpleasant experiences I have had dealing with them in the past but unfortunately it doesn't look like there's much of an alternative. Oh well maybe this time they won't be assholes and won't all of a suddne request a DNA sample from my great grandmother's fifth cousin to "verify" my account while they happily collect interest on any money in it .

Regards,
Aaron

myvoiz

Post by myvoiz » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:51 am

Hi Aaron,
If there is not enough interest with trail you do not have to refund my money. I believe everyone else feel the same way too. I am sure even with the current infrastructure someone still need to paid for it right?

I truly appreciated your work.
Thuan

zaheer002
Location: Gaza concentration camp, Illegally Occupied Palestine

Post by zaheer002 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:25 pm

+1 myvoiz

I have just sent a donation. I'm using my own server at the minute since recent SS instability but have been using SS and earlier MSS for a couple of years. SIP1 is down at the minute hopefully SS can move onto a better server and I can once again use SS, as it is better for the planet than us all running our own servers. I hope you can continue the work, I can tell you are really passionate about this stuff.

PS: I'm not sure how many people regularly follow the blog/SS forum so I'm wondering if some people may stilll not be aware of the new proposed trial. Would it be worth sending an email shot to everyone with a registered account re: the hosting trial and maybe it'd increase the momentum?

Thanks

Zaheer002

deskbound

Post by deskbound » Sat May 01, 2010 11:57 am

Ditto on don't refund my money and if not for emoci posting on Broadband DSLreports about the donations, I would have not known this was going on as I'm often distracted for weeks from the forum. Therefore other members may want to share this opportunity on other sites.

Guys inexpensive is great, free is a death. Nobody, no matter how passionate, can fund the unlimited demands of humanity without themselves eating. This is a simple law of nature.