Migration to new hosting provider

Latest news about SIP Sorcery
hok

Re: Migration to new hosting provider

Post by hok » Mon May 24, 2010 7:58 am

While I can register to sipsorcery.com just fine, I found outgoing calls via Google Voice fail to get ringing from Google Voice, just ringing from SIP sorcery. In contrast, outgoing calls via Ribbit Mobile work just fine but incoming does not work with no SIP phone connect to SIP sorcery rings.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Mon May 24, 2010 8:01 am

There is an issue, this time with SQL Azure. The quickest way for me to provide updates is twitter so if you want to follow what's happening use http://twitter.com/sipsorcery.

Regards,
Aaron

deeknow

Post by deeknow » Mon May 24, 2010 11:07 am

Thanks for the prompt updates Aaraon.

Looking forward to a quick resolution.

Let me know if you are ever near Zurich, so I can buy you a drink. or two... :P

deeknow

Post by deeknow » Mon May 24, 2010 11:36 am

by the way, if it helps you at all...

pings to sipcorcery.com from Switzerland are taking about 350 ms now (was over 400 ms just 20 min ago).
packet loss is getting better, but was 50% not too long ago.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Mon May 24, 2010 11:44 am

The new server is actually good, it's just for some reason SQL Azure is behaving very strangely about accepting database connections from it. I did see the exact same thing happen twice with the sipsorcery Amazon EC2 servers as well but in those cases put it down to something on Amazon's network. For it to happen on two completely different hoster's means it's almost certainly a network element on the SQL Azure end. Hopefully SQL Azure support will identify the issue soon, I've told them people's phone calls are depending on it.

As far as the pings go they are better for me (from Australia) to the new server at 210ms compared to the old server at 320ms.

Old server: ping 184.73.243.48
New Server: ping 69.59.142.213

Regards,
Aaron

MikeTelis

Post by MikeTelis » Mon May 24, 2010 4:28 pm

I noticed that SSH is dropping lines. Sometimes a message from sys.Log call wouldn't appear on my putty screen. I'm pretty sure that my Ruby script called sys.Log and the script itself runs as it should, it's just missing line in the log. The problem is not persistent: if I repeated the call, missing message would most probably appear.

May it have something to do with unstable DB connection?

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Mon May 24, 2010 10:55 pm

Theoretically the database connection issue shouldn't have any influence on the log messages displaying on the SSH console. However to avoid chasing red herrings it will be best to wait unitl the database issue is resolved before looking into it.

Regards,
Aaron

AviMarcus

Post by AviMarcus » Mon May 24, 2010 11:56 pm

Most calls seem to be working, but I'm still playing with providers. The console isn't showing me anything, so I'm kind of stuck. Think this is db related too?
EDIT: it somehow started working again. Not sure exactly when. Weird.

Incidentally, part of your downtime coincided with Callcentric's first scheduled downtime in 5 years. How funny.

I'm in Israel, paying for the "gamer upgrade" = better pings to.. america?
Old server: ~170ms
New Server: ~240ms.
Ah well, it's not a media server, so it doesn't matter so much.
Help document SIP Sorcery on the wiki!
If you solved an issue you were having or figured out how to do something, please share on the wiki! It will save everyone lots of time and frustration.

reraikes

Post by reraikes » Tue May 25, 2010 12:02 am

Things are looking much brighter at this time. Ribbit is now working both directions as well as Sipgate incoming. Registrations can now be deleted (earlier, they would simply linger with an expiry of 0). Google Voice calls are also working again. The return of the console later should just about do it.

Thanks Aaron.

Trimline

Post by Trimline » Tue May 25, 2010 12:06 am

Aaron wrote:Theoretically the database connection issue shouldn't have any influence on the log messages displaying on the SSH console. However to avoid chasing red herrings it will be best to wait unitl the database issue is resolved before looking into it.

Regards,
Aaron
Looks good! Just don't forget to turn back on the MWI! LOL