Migration to new hosting provider

Latest news about SIP Sorcery
hok

Re: Migration to new hosting provider

Post by hok » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:07 pm

Although I do not have statics on the reliability of new service and host, just like you have noticed that things are better except http://sipsorcery.wordpress.com/2010/07 ... -disabled/

zaheer002
Location: Gaza concentration camp, Illegally Occupied Palestine

Post by zaheer002 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:14 pm

It's ok as I already have an account, although not using it at the minute due to using my own sip server during and just before the transition period. As I rely on voip 100% for my calls and have set up a similar system for my parents at their house too, it is critical that it works as otherwise I get bollocked. Just wanted to get some stats on the reliability of the new server before I make my own server redundant again.

MikeyJ

Post by MikeyJ » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:03 pm

Aaron,

I'm new here, but very interested in your project. I read up on some of the posts here and your blog and I was intrigued.
I don't have a SIPSorcery account yet, I'm bidding on one of your e-bay listings. I am also curious how much you regularly need in donations in order to keep this project growing. I'd like to do my part. I'm also considering more than a couple new accounts if you're able to get the capacity for expanding in the near future.

This may be a dumb question as I'm not really sure how feasible their pricing or service is. You'd be the one better suited to know.
I'm just curious, do you know of, or have you looked into VMWare.com and their services? Would it be feasible to run your own private cloud at a decent price?

Thanks, I just thought I'd throw that out there. Let me know if I'm way off base :)

-Michael

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:03 pm

Hi Michael,

The current running costs for sipsorcery are approx. 2.5k a year, that includes the dedicated server (which 90% of the cost) and a few other bits and pieces such as domain name registrations, the forums site hosting and the main web site hosting. So roughly it costs about USD$200/month. Of course any additional server that's purchased to increase capacity will also increase the monthly cost.

In regards to using a cloud based hosting arrangement for sipsorcery the short answer is "tried that and got the scars to prove it", see http://sipsorcery.wordpress.com/2010/07 ... he-clouds/ for the gritty details.

Regards,
Aaron

ian-chard

Post by ian-chard » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:59 am

I have a question. I'm planning of changing to a new web host in the near future. Is the service working with my ixwebhosting? Thank you in advance.
Last edited by ian-chard on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

hok

Post by hok » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:58 pm

I am sorry, but I fail to see web hosting has relationship with SIPsorcery. Would you please kindly explain how you plan to utilize SIPsorcery in conjunction with your web hosting?