very disapointed, sipsorcery is not free anymore

Latest news about SIP Sorcery
TheFug

Re: very disapointed, sipsorcery is not free anymore

Post by TheFug » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:00 pm

miksipswitch wrote:Im trying to setup my account on pbxes.com but its still ununderstandable, when I add an extension it keeps asking me for an extension Id even if I filled all the fields, does anybody know the correct steps to do it?
I rest my case .....
Thanks, The Fug.

gear: my ISP's Zyxel Modem/Router in bridge, Sitecom WL309 Router, Siemens Gigaset 301D

miksipswitch

Post by miksipswitch » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:29 pm

yes but the issue remains... i am not able to re-activate mysipswitch account and i'm totally isolated

using telephone for mac to keep lines open but its almost impossible to talk there

totally unfair not giving me a sipsorcery account

miy account name is miksipswitch, i'm not asking for heaven i only needed what i was supposed to get in the passage from one system to another

i am left with my issues instead

that sucks

MR

Post by MR » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:20 pm

[quote="vivid"]Hi Aaron,
The only way I found out about the request for donation was earlier this year when Amazon's servers were give you problems. It was only then that I saw the situation and donated, but if I had not come to the site I would have not known about the request for donations nor the problems admin was having and the cost for an effective solution.
Mark[/quote]

Second Mark's comment. There is a communications issue here. I wish Aaron sent an email asking current users for donations, and reduce the fee for new accounts. I have an existing account, and donated only because server issues alerted me to it. Had I and others known in advance, we would have no problem donating earlier, since current users are more likely to appreciate the value.

New accounts need to be charged for their estimated useful life. If and when GoogleVoice/Gizmo advances further, will people still be interested? Should they spend $50AU even though (a) they may not know how to configure their account (b) even if they do know, will only be using it for a year or two until it is a one-stop shop through GoogleVoice?

TheFug

Post by TheFug » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:47 pm

I guess i don't understand the issue(s) here, Mysipswitch/Sipsorcery has been a free service for some years,
and even then some of the Blueface people helped with some of the betamax issues there where,
Now GoogleVoice is a hot item but to keep things running, special technology is needed,
These things cost money guys ! i guess some donation to Sipsorcery , still saves a lot of calling money,
nothing in this world is realy for free..... Sipsorcery also clearly states, that it doesn't give you any guarantees,
even when you donate, (read this in the blog/forum) if they did, they would also do things against the law i guess,
so please, be careful what you are saying. .... and enjoy.
Thanks, The Fug.

gear: my ISP's Zyxel Modem/Router in bridge, Sitecom WL309 Router, Siemens Gigaset 301D

CraigTPE

Post by CraigTPE » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:35 am

miksipswitch wrote:yes but the issue remains... i am not able to re-activate mysipswitch account and i'm totally isolated

using telephone for mac to keep lines open but its almost impossible to talk there

miy account name is miksipswitch, i'm not asking for heaven i only needed what i was supposed to get in the passage from one system to another

that sucks
"unfair"? "supposed to get"?
We are not entitled to anything here. This is a private individual spending his own time and money and we are guests on his service.

CraigTPE

Post by CraigTPE » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:17 am

vivid wrote:Another option would be to email all users and request donations. The only way I found out about the request for donation was earlier this year when Amazon's servers were give you problems. It was only then that I saw the situation and donated, but if I had not come to the site I would have not known about the request for donations nor the problems admin was having and the cost for an effective solution. Of course there is a worry that too many email requests could look a bit like spam but if the emails were sent our annually, bi-annually or even quarterly no one could take issue.
I think this is a good option, sort of like public television donation drives. Your personal commitment to not charging "charter" members is admirable, but it wouldn't break your commitment to ask for donations.

I also seldom (almost never) come to the SipSorcery site, blog or forum unless I'm trying to figure something out. Since we are all members of the site/service, it would not be SPAM to send out news, including about financial issues.

miksipswitch

Post by miksipswitch » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:31 am

CraigTPE wrote:
miksipswitch wrote:yes but the issue remains... i am not able to re-activate mysipswitch account and i'm totally isolated

that sucks
"unfair"? "supposed to get"?
We are not entitled to anything here. This is a private individual spending his own time and money and we are guests on his service.
if not unfair unclear for sure:

I lost my stanaphone account because they said "from now on you have to buy cre4dit to keep it"
but here we have been talking about migration, nothing was said about something to pay from someone who was already in therefore it has been unclear

thefug2

Post by thefug2 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:52 am

guys! these are old posts you reply to.......

and btw.... Asterisk is for free !
Last edited by thefug2 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks,
The Fug,
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gear: provider modem in bridge, wl309 sitecom router, DECT IP's : Gigaset DX800 All In One, Panasonic TPG 550

ian-chard

Post by ian-chard » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:53 am

I think that this has been expected since the start. The reason why they went on beta, in the beginning, is for users to figure out what’s wrong and what they want so that they could come up with a better service users want and charge them for it. That’s called business my folks. We need this and we want what is in it so we have to pay for it.

thefug2

Post by thefug2 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:03 pm

Yep, and if you really need it, you also want to pay for it, can you name a same service like Mysipswitch/SIPSorcery that's for free? that should ring a bell :roll:
Thanks,
The Fug,
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gear: provider modem in bridge, wl309 sitecom router, DECT IP's : Gigaset DX800 All In One, Panasonic TPG 550