very disapointed, sipsorcery is not free anymore

Latest news about SIP Sorcery
ilanesh

very disapointed, sipsorcery is not free anymore

Post by ilanesh » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:43 pm

I had in the past an account and deleted it, now I want to come back and can`t anymore. I was shocked to see that sipsorcery is not free anymore.
No new signups no nothing, someone wnats to sign up has to pay for it/ Wow.
So its better to stay away from it.

TheFug

Re: very disapointed, sipsorcery is not free anymore

Post by TheFug » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:13 am

Was to be expected in the end, you can also call it beta users abuse, same happend with me at Plextor.
Thanks, The Fug.

gear: my ISP's Zyxel Modem/Router in bridge, Sitecom WL309 Router, Siemens Gigaset 301D

ilanesh

Post by ilanesh » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:45 am

Do you know any free alternative for it? pbxes is very limited and difficult to understand. I can buy for that auction money a 4 line switch, but I found only a 2line switch this would not help me any much.
If you know something can you please let me know? Thanks ilanesh

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:15 pm

TheFug wrote:Was to be expected in the end, you can also call it beta users abuse, same happend with me at Plextor.
Existing sipsorcery accounts created prior to 25th of Jul this year have never imposed any kind of charge on their owners.

Also more than happy to make NEW accounts free again all it would take is USD$2,600 sent via PayPal to admin@sipsorcery.com. That will cover the $600 that's still outstanding on my credit card for the existing sipsorcery server and $2,000 for a second server so that there is some capacity available for those new users. Of course I won't hold my breath :) .

TheFug

Post by TheFug » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:51 pm

ilanesh wrote:Do you know any free alternative for it? pbxes is very limited and difficult to understand. I can buy for that auction money a 4 line switch, but I found only a 2line switch this would not help me any much.
If you know something can you please let me know? Thanks ilanesh
If you want an hardware option, there's the Gigaset 301D this is a DECT IP base-station only you can set 6 different accounts, easy to set up, has a simple but usable dialplan option, the Sinus 501 is the German version of it, that comes with one handset, and is cheap, with a lot of options for that price.
And and a real IP phone could also be an option, only more costly.
Otherwise 3X (Windows) but that has a long learning curve :(
Or combine Sipbroker, Voxalot, and Callcentric accounts, or 12Connect (Dutch provider) is a good option, if you live in the Netherlands.
All these providers have various handy options you can combine.
But something as good as the Mysipswitch/Sipsorcery service, and for free, you won't find anywere esle anymore, you'll have to pay for it, or you need a lot of Asterisk experience for something like pbxes'.
Voxilla, Voxalot, and Whirlpool are good information sources, Voxalot is maybe an option, but also not free, (partly)
I hope this helped,
Thanks, The Fug.

gear: my ISP's Zyxel Modem/Router in bridge, Sitecom WL309 Router, Siemens Gigaset 301D

TheFug

Post by TheFug » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:02 pm

Aaron wrote:
TheFug wrote:Was to be expected in the end, you can also call it beta users abuse, same happend with me at Plextor.
Existing sipsorcery accounts created prior to 25th of Jul this year have never imposed any kind of charge on their owners.

Also more than happy to make NEW accounts free again all it would take is USD$2,600 sent via PayPal to admin@sipsorcery.com. That will cover the $600 that's still outstanding on my credit card for the existing sipsorcery server and $2,000 for a second server so that there is some capacity available for those new users. Of course I won't hold my breath :) .
Some time ago i asked also the same question, will it stay free the answer was "yes" that time, I guess the complex form that took shape at Mysipswitch/sipsorcery turned me off, and stability issues added to that,
You can ask yourself, will such a advanced? product, atract many people ? and serviceable by only a few people...
Don't get me wrong, i had fun the time i used it , at the start, and it's nice project for coders i guess....
Thanks,
Thanks, The Fug.

MikeTelis

Post by MikeTelis » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:34 pm

Aaron wrote:Existing sipsorcery accounts created prior to 25th of Jul this year have never imposed any kind of charge on their owners.
Probably it was a mistake. With 3,000 existing accounts, all it would take is 1-2 dollars annual fee to cover the costs. New accounts == new users; people bring new questions and found new solutions. In the other words, the project is growing and maturing.

Of course, some will prefer to close their accounts but I doubt the number will fall below 1,000 users. Now that Google Voice is available without invitation this number will only be growing.

LHM

Post by LHM » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:51 pm

This should work.

All accounts established prior to July 25, 2010 will expire in 30 days.
To maintain your existing a account a one time membership fee of $35.00 is required prior to the expiration date.
Those who made donations prior to 25 July 2010 will be credited the appropriate amount towards their membership fee.

Problem solved. :mrgreen:

ilanesh

Post by ilanesh » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:55 pm

what should this be now, selling acounts is absurd, also stay on the topic waste of time of your responce

jadam

Post by jadam » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:07 pm

+1 to LHM's proposal