Multiple Forwards Now Supported

Latest news about SIP Sorcery
Aaron
Site Admin

Multiple Forwards Now Supported

Post by Aaron » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:51 am

Hi All,

Multiple forwards are now supported in the sipswitch dial plan for incoming and outgoing calls. On the config page there is now a new section to enter SIP Providers. The SIP Provider entry is what previously would have been entered into the Switch command on the dial plan. The entry screens are the standard sipswitch format, i.e. not pretty, but hopefully they make sense.

One notable addition is the Custom Headers field for a SIP Provider. This will let you add any headers you want to the forwarded leg of the calls. You won't be allowed to overrule the critical ones of: Via, Call-ID, CSeq, To, Contact, Content, Max-Length, From (note From can be set by using the From Provider field); but all the rest are up for grabs. I imagine the one that will be of most interest is P-src-ip for Betamax users.

There is also a special inbuilt provider call "local" that is treated as a lookup on the sipswitch registrations. A forward of me@local will result in the call being forwarded to all the sipswitch registrations for user me.

Some examples of the way the new multi forward works are:

exten => user,1,Switch(user@local&1234@myprovider)
exten => _X.,1,Switch(myprovider&myprovider2&myprovider3)
exten => _00X.,1,Switch(myprovider&011${dst:2}@myprovider2)

The syntax of the command is:

exten => number,priority,Switch([dst@]provider[&[dst@]provider]*[,true])

A more desciptive help screen is available by clicking on the Help (?) image on the dial plan screen which links to
https://www.mysipswitch.com/helpinfo/di ... thelp.html.

Regards,

Aaron

satphoneguy

Post by satphoneguy » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:06 am

Aaron,

this is really great. the sipswitch keeps getting better and better.

there is an option under the sip provider settings for 'socket:' what is this for?

cheers,

spg

p.s. don't forget to get some sleep after the week of hard work...

satphoneguy

Post by satphoneguy » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:07 am

satphoneguy wrote:Aaron,

this is really great. the sipswitch keeps getting better and better.

there is an option under the sip provider settings for 'socket:' what is this for?

cheers,

spg

p.s. don't forget to get some sleep after the week of hard work...
is it another term for outbound proxy?

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:23 am

Hi spg,

Yes that's it. It's the equivalent to the SendTo setting in the single forward Switch command:

exten = number,priority,Switch(username,password,new number[,From,SendTo])

From the dial plan help screen:

"Send To Host is the equivalent of using an outbound proxy and specifying a hostname or IP address in this field will over ride sending the request to the destination derived from the new number uri. "

Actually thinking about it Outbound Proxy would be more recognisable than Socket so I've changed the name of that field.

Regards,

Aaron