Call rejected for read only dialplan main. Upgrade to a Prem

Latest news about SIP Sorcery
jay75

Call rejected for read only dialplan main. Upgrade to a Prem

Post by jay75 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:09 pm

Hello guys,
have i missed something?
i just tried to make a call today and received this errror in the event log window:
Call rejected for read only dialplan main. Upgrade to a Premium service to enable.

i though the old account were ok..
can someone explain to me what needs to be done to get back..?
do we have to purchase a new account?

BTW i do not have any Sip registrar ro anything i'm simply using google with this .. so my accuont shouldn't cause any CPU usage.

thanks for the info..

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Call rejected for read only dialplan main. Upgrade to a

Post by Aaron » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:48 pm

Free accounts now have a limitation of 1 SIP Provider and 1 Dial Plan. For more info seehttp://sipsorcery.wordpress.com/2011/05/03/sip-sorcery-free-accounts/.

medfordite

Post by medfordite » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:02 am

Aaron-

Let me express my dis-satisfaction of NOT being warned by E-Mail that this would happen. I don't often come here to read your Blog or the forums unless I have the time to or the 'gumption' to do so. Sure, I read about it a few months back, but a lot can happen in that time to cause my memory to lapse. Life happens 'ya know.

I appreciate the free account thing and as soon as I can get my personal economy to improve, I will spring for the extra to help you out, but not at the moment.
Last edited by medfordite on Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
-=-Frogs have it easy...they can eat what bugs them!-=-

mrken

Post by mrken » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:09 am

I agree this transition was badly executed. All my incoming and outgoing calls are cut off without any warning. Aaron should have given us at least a week's notice to modify our providers and dialplans or upgrade.

How do you pick which provider and dialplan as non-read-only?

medfordite

Post by medfordite » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:13 am

I just singled out my most important one as I am job hunting and that was my home plan. I read on this forum (Tech section), that you can copy the contents of your Read Only dial plan, and paste it into a new one, that will create an unlocked one you can use. Then delete the Read Only one and reset your out plan to the new on you created.
-=-Frogs have it easy...they can eat what bugs them!-=-

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:19 am

I did consider sending out an email notification along with the repeated postings on my blog, this forum and twitter over the last 6 weeks but the conclusion I came to after previously sending out email notifications on sipsorcery matters to small groups of users is that it would not be appreciated by 99% of the recipients. Over 20,000 people have signed up for a sipsorcery account at one time or another but of those I'd estimate less than 10% use it on a regular basis. My hope was those 10% would hear about it through the forum, blog or twitter. I regret if you missed the notification.

The rules on which dialplan and provider to pick as not read-only were based on the consensus suggested by users in this forum. If a record existed with the name "default" it would be used otherwise the first record in alphabetical order.

fabiopy

Post by fabiopy » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:53 am

Helo,

I just learned of the change on the accounts. I have several dialplans, using the one created by Mike Tellis that routes all US numbers to google voice and the rest to my sip provider.

If I upgrade to a premium account, all dialplans will work again? I am asking this because I had quite a difficult learning curve to get the dialplans to work and reading through some news posts I understand some things changed on how the dial plans work now. I took a look at the posted "telliswizard" but at first sight I could not understand where to put credentials for the sip provider or google voice.

I have no problem to upgrade, but I really would like to keep my dial plans untouched, as they were working flawlessly.

Could you confirm if they will work as they are?

Rgds,

Fabio

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:24 am

Yes I can confirm that purchasing a Premium account will re-activate all your providers and dial plans.

johnthomas

Post by johnthomas » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:24 am

I had problem in cut off most of the incoming calls without warning. Is this is due to the problem with my account or the plan that I chosen. Can you detail about the plans that are available. Waiting for your replay.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:50 pm

Calls are not cut off because of your plan. There are only two levels: Premium and Professional see http://www.sipsorcery.com/mainsite/Home/Pricing.