SIPSwitch Upgrade 25 Mar 2008

Latest news about SIP Sorcery
Aaron
Site Admin

SIPSwitch Upgrade 25 Mar 2008

Post by Aaron » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:19 am

Hi All,

Software upgrades to both the sipswitch web site and SIP Server have just been undertaken. The purpose of the upgrade was to amalgamate the SIP Providers and 3rd Party SIP Registrations configurations. The SIP Providers section has now absorbed all the settings that were previously in the 3rd Party SIP Registrations section. Hopefully this makes the sipswitch easier for people to manage and saves a lot of configuration duplication.

The registrations that were previously being maintained by the sipswitch have all been imported with the following exceptions:

- Registrations for mysipswitch or 213.200.94.182 have not been imported. Registering the sipswitch with itself does not make sense and the ability to do this has now been prevented,

- Registrations for sip.tpad.com have been disabled however the settings have been imported. If at some stage in the future tpad do respond to registrations from the sipswitch the registrations can be re-enabled,

- Registrations for smart076.ie have been disabled most likely permanently as it is not anticipated that service will bge resuming,

- Any registrations for unresolvable domains or duplicate registrations were not imported.

Regards,

Aaron

Tpad

Post by Tpad » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:40 pm

Hi Aaron,

This is Steve from Tpad.com, congratulations on the site / server upgrade.

Can you explain what you want us to do and i will pass to engineers.

Regards

Steve
http://www.tpad.com

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:44 pm

Hi Steve,

Thanks for dropping in.

At the moment all the REGISTER requests sent from 213.200.94.182:5060 (the sipswitch) to 213.40.196.13:5060 (sip.tpad.com) go unanswered. This is almost certainly due to the requests being blocked by a rule. The rule might have been put in place due to the higher than normal volume of REGISTER requests emanating from the sipswitch, TPad is one of the more popular providers for sipswitch users.

I still have my own TPad registration enabled from the sipswitch so that I can see if/when the REGISTER requests start getting through again.

Also I can confirm that it's not a software issue as registering with sip.tpad.com from a version of the sipswitch running on my PC works fine it's only when the request comes from 213.200.94.182:5060 that it fails.

Regards,

Aaron

Tpad

Post by Tpad » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:26 pm

At the end of next month we are getting new "mysql cluster servers" which will help with the problem of the SER server being overloaded at peak times.

We will then look at how we can make this more stable.

Regards

Steve
http://www.tpad.com

gbonnet
Site Admin

Post by gbonnet » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:24 pm

Hi Steve,

Thanks for following that up. Let us know how it goes.

Regards
Guillaume
Blueface [url=http://www.blueface.ie/]Phone[/url] Service