Is there a problem wit "Simple Wizard" ?

Feedback, issues & questions regarding the use of the Telis Wizard and Simple Wizard dial plans.
raj2ras

Is there a problem wit "Simple Wizard" ?

Post by raj2ras » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:09 am

Cannot save a rule. It pops up a "Sumbit operation failed...."

What is the syntax for the "command string" field ?

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Is there a problem wit "Simple Wizard" ?

Post by Aaron » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:17 pm

You're probably sick of hearing it at this stage but if you hang on for another little bit the simple wizard is getting a big revamp. It's partly motivated by making it more familiar for for ex-Voxalot users. Hopefully the update will be happening this weekend.

raj2ras

Post by raj2ras » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:07 am

That will help a great deal. Will wait :-)

raj2ras

Post by raj2ras » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:18 pm

Awesome. I see that the "Simple Wizard" is now working :)

Priority field refused 100. What are the limits? I used priorities in groups of 100s for e.g. 100, 140, 210, 450 etc. Leave gaps for later use.

Want to understand Regex (Regular expression). Seems like a way to devise complex/compact rules. Is there any quick guide to the Regex syntax somewhere?

raj2ras

Post by raj2ras » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:19 am

Nevermind the regex q. Found this http://rubular.com/ Very handy

raj2ras

Post by raj2ras » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:14 am

Aaron,

Hey, did u just remove the "Priority" column on the Simple Wizard? It disappeared while I was still creating my dial plan! Seems like you or someone is working on the server side?
Is there any IM channel (Gtalk, etc) that one can chat with you when online?

raj2ras

Post by raj2ras » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:28 am

Oops! My bad. The "priority" field is still there! Had just scrolled out of view coz of long patterns.

raj2ras

Post by raj2ras » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:05 am

Outgoing side all works great. Regex matching is cool and helped me super consolidate my pattern rules.

InComing side works nicely too, expect for your little dot trick. Matching by SIP Accounts works fine, but any way to match from Registered SIP providers? Can the dot trick be made to work?
However one way it can be done is to use a little trick when setting the register contact on your provider.

As an example say you have two providers you want to process incoming calls for.

1. We will create a new SIP account called comein (you could use an existing SIP account as well) and on that SIP account we will set the incoming dialplan to dialin (the dialplan would need to be created before it can be assigned),

2. On the first provider we'll set the register contact to p1.comein and on the second provider we'll set the register contact to p2.comein. This dot notation uses a little sipsorcery trick that resolves incoming calls to a sipsorcery URI to the SIP account to the right of the dot if there is no exact match,

3. In the dialin dialplan we now need to determine which call the provider is from and process accordingly,

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:38 am

I deliberately left out the ability to match an incoming call by provider as it needs some more intrusive work on the SIP server side of things. I do plan to get it incorporated as soon as possible though. The matching of SIP accounts using the dot notation should be easy to sort out. I'll get onto that pronto.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:14 am

Dot notation matching for the simple wizard dial plans is in place now.