How to do "If busy" divert call

Feedback, issues & questions regarding the use of the Telis Wizard and Simple Wizard dial plans.
brathnach

How to do "If busy" divert call

Post by brathnach » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:31 pm

Hey guys,

A bit of a noobie to sipsorcery but coming along nicely. Two questions I have however.

If I have two/three sip accounts. e.g sip1, sip2, sip3. registered to myaccount@sipsorcery.com

How would I arrange it in the dial plan that when one/two of these sip lines is busy/engaged that an incoming call would go to the free sip line?

Also how would I do the same for an outgoing call. i.e. if sipprovider1 was being used how would I make sure that the outgoing call would go to sipprovider2?

Also is it better to amalgamate the In & Out Dial plans or is it better to seperate them out? Am registered user but at the same time I would be using the same dial plan processing methods on all sip accounts.

Thanks

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: How to do "If busy" divert call

Post by Aaron » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:44 am

If you have multiple devices all registering to the same SIP account it's very difficult to select which devices to send calls to. For example forwarding a call to myaccount@sipsorcery.com will send the call to all devices that have registered with that account. If you do want to send calls to each device differently the right approach is to create a separate SIP account for each device, e.g. myaccount1@sipsorcery.com, myaccount2@sipsorcery.com etc.

The next part of your question about sending calls to only free devices assumes that by busy you mean a certain device is on a call. Almost all SIP devices support some kind of call waiting or even multiple lines so "busy" isn't the same as with old analogue phones. That aside you can find which devices are on a call but only by using a bit of Ruby script which means you can't do it in the Simple Wizard. See viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4189 for a script example.

You can modify that script example to support providers as well. Instead of looking for a SIP account name you could look for your SIP provider username.

Generally it's better to separate your in and out dial plans. Over time your dial plans are likely to grow in size if not complexity and having them separate will make them more manageable.

brathnach

Post by brathnach » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:28 am

Thanks Aaron,

I meant to say that I do have 3 different sip accounts. E.g. Sipaccount1@sipsorcery.com, Sipaccount2@sipsorcery.com, Sipaccount3@sipsorcery.com so they are distinct.

I did look at the linked forum and to be honest am quite light on this.

If I have two providers like myaccount1@sip.blueface.ie and myaccount2@sip.blueface.ie. and if theres a call coming in from either provider account I want it to go to a not busy/incall sip account. Somewhat like the toolbox in BF where it forwards to another sip account if the first one is in call. I only ever need the call to go to one sip account that is not in call.

Sorry I'm yellow around the ears with this yet.

Thanks

Jim

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:41 am

The Blueface toolbox doesn't determine if a SIP device is on a call before forwarding a call to it and instead it relies on the SIP device sending a Busy or some other kind of error response so that it knows to failover to a subsequent call forward destination. You an achieve the equivalent with SIPSorcery by using a single dial string as show below.

Code: Select all

sys.Dial("sipaccount1@sipsorcery.com|sipaccount2@sipsorcery.com|sipaccount3@sipsorcery.com")
The '|' character can be read as "or" where the or comes into affect if the previous call fails.

If you are using the SimpleWizard dialplan type then you would choose a command of dial and copy the dial string above (minus the double quotes) in as the command argument.

brathnach

Post by brathnach » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:32 pm

Thanks very much Aaron

Jim

Roxan

Post by Roxan » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:37 am

Contact your service provider (for example BT) and request to have divert facility added to your line. This may take 24 hours to go live. The cost for this new facility is around £5 per quarter (depending on your service provider)