Dial Plans for SPA3000 PSTN & VoIP

Feedback, issues & questions regarding the use of the Telis Wizard and Simple Wizard dial plans.
funxlab

Re: Dial Plans for SPA3000 PSTN & VoIP

Post by funxlab » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:18 pm

Thank you for the help. Sadly it didn't work. I also tried what Aaron mentioned http://www.sipsorcery.com/mainsite/help/SkypeIppi

So far you are only help I have on this forum, and I really am glad that, though I expected some help from Aaron as well but I think he is quite busy. I have few questions in mind.

1- Can I use SS Dialplans and not use any DP in SPA3000 for any calls?

2- I have to forward all incoming calls to my Skype, you helped to achieve this, If I get that working it would be great.

3- If I want to dial a GSM number using my PSTN, should I call any SIP providers under SIP account for PSTN ? or I should call spa3000pstn@sipsorcery.com directly to get a dial tone ? But as per the incoming call plan you advised (to forward incoming calls on PSTN to Skype) , will not my call go to my Skype and not a dial tone instead ?

MikeTelis

Post by MikeTelis » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:13 pm

Sometimes IPPI doesn't work but these cases are rare. I believe something is wrong with your setup... did you add Skype2ippi to your Skype contact list?

And yet, console log is your best friend. Check it out to see what exactly went wrong.

Your SPA depends on DP. As far as I remember, S0 is recommended way of call forwarding. Besides, it's a good idea to prohibit international and other "costly" services by SPA's DP, just in case.

Your SPA connected to PSTN is your own SIP provider. I wouldn't recommend dialing "digit by digit" (getting dialtone and then send DTMF tones over established VoIP call). Instead, I'd use SPA to dial the number before connection, just like you do with any other VoIP provider (number@provider format of sys.Dial).

funxlab

Post by funxlab » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:37 pm

MikeTelis,

I understand but for that I will have to sign up for DynDns.org or TZO (which my router back home supports) isn't free. In past I used dyndns on my PC and it wasn't quick in updating my dynamic IP. But I am a little in shock that sipsorcery isn't helping in this case.

I just configured vbuzzer on PSTN tab SPA3000 (via teamviewer) and called it with another vbuzzer ID and captured the following screenshot. No dial tone in fact.

PSTN Line Status
Hook State: Off Line Voltage: 7 (V)
Loop Current: 24.2 (mA) Registration State: Registered
Last Registration At: 8/17/2013 03:25:59 Next Registration In: 168 s
Last Called VoIP Number: Last Called PSTN Number: 1
Last VoIP Caller: Last PSTN Caller: ,
Last PSTN Disconnect Reason: VoIP Call Ended PSTN Activity Timer: 30000 (ms)
Mapped SIP Port: Call Type: PSTN Gateway Call
VoIP State: Idle PSTN State: Connected to PSTN
VoIP Tone: None PSTN Tone: None
VoIP Peer Name: PSTN Peer Name:
VoIP Peer Number: PSTN Peer Number: 1
VoIP Call Encoder: G711u VoIP Call Decoder: G711u
VoIP Call FAX: No VoIP Call Remote Hold:
VoIP Call Duration: 00:07:17 VoIP Call Packets Sent: 14587
VoIP Call Packets Recv: 0 VoIP Call Bytes Sent: 3500880
VoIP Call Bytes Recv: 0 VoIP Call Decode Latency: 0 ms
VoIP Call Jitter: 0 ms VoIP Call Round Trip Delay: 0 ms
VoIP Call Packets Lost: 0 VoIP Call Packet Error: 0
VoIP Call Mapped RTP Port: 16422 >> 0

MikeTelis

Post by MikeTelis » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:06 am

May I suggest that you have the incoming PSTN call to Skype forwarding done before you start playing with everything else? You don't need DynDNS or static IP for that.

IP address is necessary for outbound calls via PSTN line of your SPA. I had a free DynDNS account for years and still using it. If you don't have one and your router doesn't support anything free, try NO-IP and run their update client on a PC connected to the same router as your SPA (the one running teamviewer). Indeed, you don't have to run update client on the router, it can be any machine in your LAN.

funxlab

Post by funxlab » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:18 pm

I have signed up for a free 14 days trial from dyndns.org. Once all is set I will sign up for their paid service or will change router.
Currently host address given by dyndns.org is directing to ADSL router. I found some instruction and have changed some settings for SPA3000 as follow.

DHCP: Enabled
Static IP: 192.168.1.100
Gateway:192.168.1.1
Mask:255.255.255.0
DNS Server Order: Manual/DHCP

Not completely understood while searching online, I found that I have to add SPA3000 as trunk in Sipsorcery and will have to add a dial plan in PSTN Tab (don't know which one).

Appreciate your great help.

MikeTelis

Post by MikeTelis » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:53 pm

First, you need to make SPA3000 available from the outside. Now you have host name (like yourhost.homedns.org) for the router, but you need to reach your SPA which is behind the router. I suggest that you put SPA into DMZ for now (DMZ -> 192.168.1.100) and, when everything is working, replace DMZ with port forwarding.

Second, you have to turn on VoIP to PSTN gateway in your SPA:

VoIP-To-PSTN Gateway Enable: Yes
VoIP Caller Auth Method: HTTP Digest
VoIP User 1 Auth ID: yourlogin
VoIP User 1 Password: yourpassword
VoIP User 1 DP: dialplanNo

Once you done that, you have your own VoIP provider with SIP server: yourhost.homedns.org:port (port - PSTN port as configured in your SPA), credentials yourlogin/yourpassword. The dialplanNo ... make it very basic for now (default will do), later on you'll modify it to prohibit dialing of costly numbers like 1900.

You need to add this as SIP provider to your account @sipsorcery and then you can use it as any other SIP provider, with sys.DIal("number@provider").

Hope everything's clear now.

funxlab

Post by funxlab » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:54 pm

MikeTelis,
Thank you very much for the support. I got time to do it now, will update you on this.

Appreciate your help. :)