What SIP stack?

Please post requests related to the sipsorcery library to the GitHub repo https://github.com/sipsorcery/sipsorcery/issues.
325xi

What SIP stack?

Post by 325xi » Fri May 02, 2008 1:17 am

I'm thinking to add a simple SIP client into C# application. The purpose is to do standard softphone activities, but being integrated I want to be able to trigger application events on incoming calls, and vice versa - initiate automatic calls on events.

I never developed anything SIP related before - do you mind to give me an idea what SIP stack/API/DLL/whatever else I'm better to use. This is not a commercial thing, so I'm obviously not looking for stuff with expensive licensing.

Thanks!!

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Fri May 02, 2008 8:35 am

Hi 325xi,

We've written our own SIP stack which is open source and available at http://www.codeplex.com/mysipswitch.

There is no documentation available for the SIP stack at this stage but we're happy to answer any questions, we'll get around to the documentation one day.

The assembly that implements the SIP stack is BlueFace.VoIP.Net. You can find a basic example of a user agent making use of the SIP stack in BlueFace.VoIP.Net.App in the ClientUserAgent class however please note that unlike the main SIP stack that particular class is not used in production anywhere so should be treated as example code only.

Regards,

Aaron

325xi

Post by 325xi » Fri May 09, 2008 1:58 am

Oh, man, this is huge! All I want is to be able to dial a number or sip uri from my little C# program, and to play a wav file when answered. Is there any simple way to do that? By simple I mean - without learning the whole mysipswitch source code. Is there any facade, some basic set of API to do basic client tasks?

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Fri May 09, 2008 10:20 am

Hi 32xi,

You are right there is no nicely documented API for the code base at the moment and in all likelihood you could probably find a more polished SIP stack around the place although .Net ones don't seem that common.

As far as placing your call goes it's simple enough up until you have to strat handling the different responses and then handling the call when it's answered. And since there has been no work done on the RTP (audio) side of things you won't be able to tlak or listen anyway.

Regards,

Aaron