convert to vb.net code

Please post requests related to the sipsorcery library to the GitHub repo https://github.com/sipsorcery/sipsorcery/issues.
scrollan

convert to vb.net code

Post by scrollan » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:10 pm

Hi

I try to convert this C# code To VB.Net

SIPTransport sipTransport = new SIPTransport(SIPDNSManager.ResolveSIPService, new SIPTransactionEngine());
SIPUDPChannel udpChannel = new SIPUDPChannel(new IPEndPoint(IPAddress.Any, 5060));
sipTransport.AddSIPChannel(udpChannel);

It would be something like this

Dim sipTransport SIPTransport = new SIPTransport(SIPDNSManager.ResolveSIPService, new SIPTransactionEngine())
Dim udpChannel SIPUDPChannel = new SIPUDPChannel(new IPEndPoint(IPAddress.Any, 5060))
sipTransport.AddSIPChannel(udpChannel)

But this line won't be converted

Dim sipTransport SIPTransport = new SIPTransport(SIPDNSManager.ResolveSIPService, new SIPTransactionEngine())

The part "SIPDNSManager.ResolveSIPService" i don't understan.
When i look in to the originating code "ResolveSIPService" actually should be ResolveSIPService(xxx,yyy) or ResolveSIPService(xxx as string).

Can some one explain to me how I can use SIPDNSManager.ResolveSIPService with out passing any arguments?
In VB.Net this won't work because if I change ResolveSIPService to be ResolveSIPService(hostname) it say that this is a endpoint but needs to be endpoint delegate.

Regards
Christian Enroth

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: convert to vb.net code

Post by Aaron » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:11 am

The SIPDNSManager.ResolveSIPService is a static method. I don't know anything about VB.Net but does the the AddressOf operator work?

Code: Select all

Dim sipTransport SIPTransport = new SIPTransport(AddressOf SIPDNSManager.ResolveSIPService, new SIPTransactionEngine())