Call recording

Please post requests related to the sipsorcery library to the GitHub repo https://github.com/sipsorcery/sipsorcery/issues.
adat7378

Call recording

Post by adat7378 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:26 pm

I managed to register SIP account. Incoming numbers are coming up. Is there any way to record the incoming/outgoing calls?

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Call recording

Post by Aaron » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:19 am

No you can't do recording with sipsorcery.com. It's a SIP only service meaning it only sets up the call signalling and does not ever get involved in the audio side of the call.

You can use a service like anveo.com or tropo.com in combination with sipsorcery to do media related functions such as call recording.

adat7378

Post by adat7378 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:20 pm

Sorry I meant to say. I have followed your softphone example and managed to integrate and get it worked in my c# application. I thought sipsorcery-media deals with audio.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:00 am

Sorry my mistake I thought you were referring to the main sipsorcery service.

If you look at the AudioChannel.cs class you'll see where the RTP packets are processed and played over the local audio device. The m_waveOut object is what ends up with the received audio.

To record the audio you could change the way m_waveOut is configured to save to a local file instead of going to the speaker or I suspect it would be possible to do both (it's been a long time since I wrote that code so I can't recall exactly how to record). The project used to handle the audio in the softphone example is NAudio. It's very well documented and I'm sure it will have some examples of recording to a file.