Open Invitation

Please post requests related to the sipsorcery library to the GitHub repo https://github.com/sipsorcery/sipsorcery/issues.
mrpastewart

Open Invitation

Post by mrpastewart » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:01 pm

Hello Aaron

Recently a new project was launched here on codeplex called CallButler. CallButler is an OpenSource PBX built on top of the .NET framework using C#. I have been analyzing the project and as you are aware from some of our past interactions in these forums I have been analyzing mysipswitch too. I have also launched a project on codeplex called cadswitch.

In short I believe that all these projects can work together to achieve a set of common but different goals. By working together I believe we can accomplish these things.

The Sipswitch stack could be cleaned up and extended with sources and concept from the other projects to provide the following services some of which is already functioning under this project as well as the others.

1. Sip Proxies (ie Stateful, Stateless, Session Border Controllers, B2BUA, Location, Presence, Gateways)
2. Media and Video Proxies
3. STUN, ICE
4. Radius, Billing gateways
5. Complete support for tcp, udp, tls, sip, sdp, rtp, rtc, xmpp etc.
6. Media gateways
7. Feature servers
8. DB support providers for, Oracle, mySql, MSSql, Postgres, Firebird etc
9 modular design usable in an event driven service level execution .NET application server with tomcat style deployment and module support (think mobicents)
10. webservice API interface, xml-rpc and web-based administration, etc

I'm talking a complete end to end solution that can eventually carry a dual license structure 1 for the community and 1 for commercial implementations and support. The community would contribute code skills to make the project happen, fix bugs faster, debug and test. (think fonality )

This would make mysipswitch a complete open source scalable Enterprise ITSP stack for windows and possibly mono think openser, asterisk, mediaproxy combinations that currently power most vonage style services. As i look at this project and a few others that can be merged into this project providing the necessary source i can see that it can happen and this would make it possible for mysipswitch to become a complete softswitch ITSP solution. I would be willing to support this kinda effort. I can currently provide you off site project management using trac, svn, bugzilla, webdav at no cost to you if it would help. I have been tinkering around with these kind of projects for years with ser, asterisk and even purchased a remwave system last year. However ser and asterisk work together on linux and asterisk runs on windows but ser does not and remwave is an awesome system but it is closed source so having a complete open source C# ITSP stack for windows/mono would for sure create a dynamic business opportunity for mysipswitch. I know that is how I'm working with the source and have already identified compatible sources that can make this reality. But my mission is targeted towards public safety and integration with a computer aided dispatching console but we can all benefit from such.

Just my 2 cents. I can provide more info and proof of concepts, diagrams if you like. Think carrierclass thats my contribution i'm playing the middle man to unite several projects that can get the job done what do you think?

Read this http://www.codeplex.com/cadswitch

mrpastewart

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:12 pm

Hi mrpastewart,

I have come across the CallButler project in the past and when wearing a differnet hat even started looking into whether it would be suitable for our VoIP customers. I wasn't aware that it had been opensourced though! I'm very keen to have a look over the code base.

In regards to a combining of efforts between two or more of the projects in principle I like the sound of the idea. Give me a few days to look over the other projects and chew it over with Guillaume.

Regards,

Aaron

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:13 am

Hi mrpastewart,

Since you seem to have spent a bit of time looking over these projects am I missing something or is most of the CallButler functionality only provided by way of dll's in the library directory?

All the code for SIP, media and other good stuff seems to be in the non-open sourced library dll's.

Regards,

Aaron

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:21 am

Disregard the last post, I saw the post on the CallButler discussion forum regarding he same.