Notification of failed registration

New features you'd like see on SIP Sorcery
markcs

Notification of failed registration

Post by markcs » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:41 am

HI!

Is it possible to get a notification (email maybe) of one of my VSP's fail to register and I have selected them to be registered?

If not, this would be a great feature. Calls are often missed because of failed registration.

snvv

Post by snvv » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:02 am

Hello,
I agree. This is a very useful feature.

MyVoip

Post by MyVoip » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:14 am

Bump !!

I think we need this feature -- i ran into this issues today a lot on the sipsorcery site. took a while to realize the sip accounts are not registering.

In addition to this we should also have notification if no SIP devices/ATA are connected to the MSS account

krnsip

Post by krnsip » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:12 pm

On this topic I notice that when Callcentric takes their system down for maintenance mysipswitch gets the following response when trying to register:
Disabled by agent: Authentication failed (403 User does not exist).
Mysipswitch then turns off the register check box and won't attempt to register again until I manually turn it back on. This means that I don't know I'm not registered until someone calls me on my mobile to say they can't get through to my home number.

I'd really like to either get a notification when this occurs, or have mysipswitch keep trying to register even when it gets this error.

battlehamster

Post by battlehamster » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:49 pm

I'd really like to echo this request. My registration to CallCentric was disabled due to failed DNS lookup on Nov 11st 2009. Unfortunately I didn't know that till today (Dec 17th 2009) when someone told me. A notification when provider registrations are disabled automatically would be really great.

nava

Re: Notification of failed registration

Post by nava » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:20 am

Hi

I know is an old post but I would really want something like it implemented, as said before we do not know if a registration fail till we logon in the webpage or they use an alternative way to contact us.

battlehamster

Re: Notification of failed registration

Post by battlehamster » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:57 am

Definitely need something along these lines..

Seems like I spent more time unregistered than registered without even realizing it. Luckily incoming calls get forwarded to my cell when sipsorcery decides to stop attempting to register, or I'd simply lose calls for months and months. It's not practical to check every day to make sure I'm still registered.. an email when it gives up trying to register is really needed.

Hope it's something we can see sometime soon.

Thanks.