New Dial String Formats

New features you'd like see on SIP Sorcery
Aaron
Site Admin

New Dial String Formats

Post by Aaron » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:22 pm

Hi All,

Even though there haven't been any updates on the mss service for quite a while there is actually a lot of work going on in the background. One of the things that we are looking at is implementing the requests around different options to increase the functionality of the dial string for the sys.Dial command.

The list of options currently requested are:

- Start call delay, delaying a certain call leg in the dial string by a set number of seconds,

- No response timeout, a timeout for a call leg such that if no response arrives from the server it is considered to have failed. This takes advantage of the fact that SIP servers will send a Trying response immediately when they receive a call. If the Trying response isn't received in a short period of time it's highly likely the server is down. Withouth this timeout the default is to wait until the SIP transaction times out which is 32s,

- Ringing timeout, this option is currently available and specifies a timeout for the amount of time a call leg would be allowed to ring before being considered to have failed,

- Answered call limit, this option would set the limit on the duration of an answered call. It would cause the call manager to keep track of the length of the call and once the limit was reached it would automatically generate the BYE requests to hang up each end of the call,

- Redirect mode, a lot of IP phones support do call forward or similar functions. That mechanism works by generating a 3xx response that contains one or more destinations that are sent back to the caller and are suggestions of different locations to call. The destinations in the redirect responses could be interpreted in one of two ways: they could be added as additional call legs to the current Dial command or they could replace the currrent Dial command and cause the current execution of the dialplan to halt and a new instance to start with the new destination as the request URI.

In order to accomodate the above options and any more which come along which they almost certainly will we'd like to get some feedback on possible formats for the dial string.

The proposal at the moment is to use square brackets with two letter prefixes for each option.

Example:

Code: Select all

sys.Dial("${dst}@provider[nt=5,rt=15,al=3600]&provider2[dt=10,rm=a]")
dt: Delay call initialisation time,
nt: No response timeout,
pt: Processing (ringing) timeout,
al: Answered call time limit,
rm: Redirect mode, a=Add to current call, r=replace current call.

There are possibly more inituitive ways to do the dialplan options and if anyone has any ideas they are welcome.

Regards,

Aaron

jack9901

Post by jack9901 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:53 pm

This is exciting news and it would be the ultimate solution to roll out new features by adding parameters to the Dial function. I've been waiting this day for a long time.

1. Maybe one day the Dial function could be something like

returnCode, callLength, whatEver = sys.Dial("${dst}@[user=xxx, pass=xxx, proxy=xxx, fromname=xxx, fromcid=xxx, additionalHeader=xxx, timeOfTheDayRestriction=xxx, whatEver=xxx,,,,]")

2. The ultimate conditional ring group with mixed &, | and parenthesis.

sys.Dial("num1@provider[,,]&(num2@provider2[,,]|num2@provider3[,,])")

Cannot wait this day to come. :D

TheFug

Post by TheFug » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:56 pm

An automated "wake-up-call" (like you have in a hotel room) would also be possible to setup this way ? (setup by normal phone, or in dialplan)
Thanks, The Fug.

gear: my ISP's Zyxel Modem/Router in bridge, Sitecom WL309 Router, Siemens Gigaset 301D

jeannie

cool

Post by jeannie » Sun May 03, 2009 7:33 pm

Ok. I know I'm late, but I've just red the exciting plans now.

I hope the new features applies to sys.callback as well, I've been eagerly waiting for that. (I mean the "Start call delay, delaying a certain call leg in the dial string by a set number of seconds")

So after almost 2 months from that message - I guess these features already implemented working, aren't they?
I was search for it but didn't see more info. any link please?
Thanks

snvv

Post by snvv » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:56 am

TheFug wrote:An automated "wake-up-call" (like you have in a hotel room) would also be possible to setup this way ? (setup by normal phone, or in dialplan)
Hello TheFug,
Have you tried out that option?
I suspect it should work given you call from your ATA/softphone and live it on calling (no hung up) till the time specified to connect the call to an other phone (i.e mobile).
However, from this time till the call we can not use MSS anymore and probably MSS server overhead will be quite high.
Is there a different way to achive the automated "wake-up-call"?

Regards
snvv

TheFug

Post by TheFug » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:23 pm

Well, i did try something recently, but there has to be some kind off trigger, i guess, and that's only when some one is calling , or is be called.
Maybe in the spirit of an Instant Message, or remotely programming a service for that, i guess it won't start on it's own.
Further i have had no responses, so that's it.....
Thanks, The Fug.

gear: my ISP's Zyxel Modem/Router in bridge, Sitecom WL309 Router, Siemens Gigaset 301D

TheFug

Post by TheFug » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:49 pm

There are some services on the net, wakeupcall..... found also one here in the netherlands, you have to call a 0900 number, which is your means of paying, on the website, you can set a date/time, since i have no landline anymore, i used my Voipbuster incoming call number, (085...) so far it seems to work....
Thanks, The Fug.

snvv

Post by snvv » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:45 pm

Hello,
I have found a software program:
http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating ... ervice.asp
http://www.sipservices.gr/web2/content/ ... 9/lang,en/
but it is a software :)

I have read somewhere that can be done in Asterisk and with some scripts too.

I search for more solutions and I will report here if I found something useful.
Regards
snvv

TheFug

Post by TheFug » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:57 pm

Yeah, but most of the time there must be an pc (Asterisk, etc..) online,
It should be something simple, and free of charge, would be nice :)
I guess it's a bit of a Deluxe item :roll:
Thanks, The Fug.

snvv

Post by snvv » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:07 pm

It should be not so difficult to implement.(i.e betamax uses a similar function to send SMS.)

With
sys.Dial("${dst}@provider[nt=5,rt=15,al=3600]&provider2[dt=10,rm=a]")
we can do the same in MSS given we "calculate" the time to call and the fact that the line should be open (no more calls). I think it should work, but I have not tried it.