Outbound Caller ID

New features you'd like see on SIP Sorcery
TheFug

Outbound Caller ID

Post by TheFug » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:22 pm

Hi, i'm a newbee here, just got it all working, it's great !
now my request : with my SPA3102, when i put my phone number in de UserID box, and i have also registered my phonenumber with that provider,
my CID will also be visible at the receiving "party" now, with MySIPSwitch, i need to fill in my (MySIPSwitch) username, otherwise there will be no valid switch connection, some of the people i call won't answer the phone, if they don't see a CID....
I hope this will be possible, in the near future.

Thanks, TheFug

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:44 am

Hi TheFug,

You can specify the full From header in your dial plan:

exten => _X.,1,Switch(authuserid,pass,${dst}@sip.blueface.ie, "Joe Bloggs" <sip:sipuserid@blueface>, 194.213.29.100:5060)

The From header is typically where the callerid will be taken from by your provider on a SIP call IF you are allowed to set it.

A bit more info can be found on this thread:

http://www.mysipswitch.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=99

Hth,

Aaron

TheFug

Post by TheFug » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:28 pm

Aaron wrote:Hi TheFug,

exten => _X.,1,Switch(authuserid,pass,${dst}@sip.blueface.ie, "Joe Bloggs" <sip:sipuserid@blueface>, 194.213.29.100:5060)

The From header is typically where the callerid will be taken from by your provider on a SIP call IF you are allowed to set it.

Hth,

Aaron
I still don't see where i should fit in my +3123xxxxxxx or 003123xxxxxxx
It now looks like:
exten =>_*7X.,1,Switch(Username,password,${EXTEN:2}@sip.VoipCheap.com)
Thanks, The Fug.

gear: my ISP's Zyxel Modem/Router in bridge, Sitecom WL309 Router, Siemens Gigaset 301D

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:02 am

Try:

exten =>_*7X.,1,Switch(Username,password,${EXTEN:2}@sip.VoipCheap.com, 03123xxxxxxx <sip:Username@sip.VoipCheap.com>)

Regards,

Aaron

TheFug

Post by TheFug » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:48 pm

Aaron wrote:Try:

exten =>_*7X.,1,Switch(Username,password,${EXTEN:2}@sip.VoipCheap.com, 03123xxxxxxx <sip:Username@sip.VoipCheap.com>)

Regards,

Aaron
Didn't work for me, even with the 003123 (extra zero, slip of the pen)
tried also + instead of 00

I guess nobody other has succeeded in this too ? so it's a no go for the moment, ill try some other variations, if it works i let you know...
thanks for the help sofar.

btw are there any other serviceses where it works complete with outbound CID ? or does it generally not work anywhere else ?
Thanks, The Fug.

gear: my ISP's Zyxel Modem/Router in bridge, Sitecom WL309 Router, Siemens Gigaset 301D

TheFug

Post by TheFug » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:52 pm

Hth,

Aaron
Btw. the IP adress, who's ip must that be, mine, or the SIP provider's IP address ?
Thanks, The Fug.

TheFug

Post by TheFug » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:46 pm

TheFug wrote:

Hth,

Aaron
Btw. the IP adress, who's ip must that be, mine, or the SIP provider's IP address ?
I've got it working ! (the AuthID post)

i found it here, the last posting there descibes it:
http://www.mysipswitch.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16
further i guess you're geographical bound, because ...it works for Voipbuster, for me, but not with VoipCheap, Voipbuster is Dutch/German based and VoipCheap US based, i guess if i phoned normal by landline to the US, they woudn't see my CID also and visa versa....
Thanks, The Fug.