Google Voice Dial Out

New features you'd like see on SIP Sorcery
synchron

Post by synchron » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:03 pm

gvtricks wrote:
Voxox is also good alternative for a DID and you will also get free 2 hrs of outgoing in new accounts a free DID number and a call spoof witch is the one that have attracted me , but unfortunately their system is a little buggy now and it have the tendency to auto answer calls while not registed regardless of your configurations but I think it can be use in the future.
To this day, I have never gotten a proper incoming call from the DID I received from Voxox. Always goes straight to voicemail. Their system needs a lot to survive in the world of Voip.

Synchron 8)

sirmikey1

Post by sirmikey1 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:37 pm

Gramps,

It's a local call for you.

Here is a paste of the exact post on IPKALL Forum:
" Ipkall suffers rather strange bugs, such as this: Ipkall won't tear down the session unless the far end hangs up. A SIP device sends a BYE request to indicate it's hanging up. Ipkall ignores BYE requests and lets the call continue on until the far end hangs up, only then Ipkall will tear the session down. "

SM

Grampa

Post by Grampa » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:11 pm

sirmikey1,

I still don't understand. Normally, the way a SIP device sends a BYE request is by hanging up, although I suppose there are instances where such a request could be sent without hanging up. But if the far end hangs up, who is getting charged? Not the IPKall subscriber and not the far end caller. I'm just trying to picture an example where this would be a problem. In any event, I have never experienced it, and I've been an IPKall subscriber for quite a while. In fact, the recent audio choppiess was the first time I've had any problem with IPKall.

I should add that it does have one disadvantage in that it does not properly pass CID with some carriers.

sirmikey1

Post by sirmikey1 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:16 pm

Grampa,
Has it ever occurred to you that GV is free USA calling; no time limit, that all you have to do is call your GV DID and make a call?
SM...

sirmikey1

Post by sirmikey1 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:18 pm

Gramps,
IPKALL delaying disconnects can only mean one thing.
MIkey

Grampa

Post by Grampa » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:39 pm

sirmikey1 wrote:Grampa,
Has it ever occurred to you that GV is free USA calling; no time limit, that all you have to do is call your GV DID and make a call?
SM...
Of course I know that. Mikey, I think we're talking past each other. In addition to GV you need a number for GV to ring. IPKall is one possibility, along with Sipgate, Gizmo5, and others. It works well for me.

I really don't understand your last comment about delaying disconnects. Are you saying IPKall is trying to maximize minutes for terminating calls? Perhaps. I just haven't noticed it.

brontide

Post by brontide » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:19 pm

Grampa wrote:I really don't understand your last comment about delaying disconnects. Are you saying IPKall is trying to maximize minutes for terminating calls? Perhaps. I just haven't noticed it.
Correct, IPKall is still probably getting paid as a CLEC for terminating calls on it's network ( or they have a provider who is ). In those cases it's in their best interest to keep the calling party on the line as long as possible.

I'm positive that most of the free incoming DID's in the US are either being paid to terminate calls or a simple loss leader for the company. Since IPKall is not selling anything I'm betting on the former.

Grampa

Post by Grampa » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:24 am

brontide wrote:Correct, IPKall is still probably getting paid as a CLEC for terminating calls on it's network ( or they have a provider who is ). In those cases it's in their best interest to keep the calling party on the line as long as possible.

I'm positive that most of the free incoming DID's in the US are either being paid to terminate calls or a simple loss leader for the company. Since IPKall is not selling anything I'm betting on the former.
That makes sense. But as an IPKall subscriber, I can't see how it affects me or anybody who calls me. As I said, I've never noticed any issues related to call termination, and there are not that many other ways to get a free DID.

degarb

Post by degarb » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:14 pm

Aaron wrote:The GoogleVoiceCall dialplan application has now been updated so that there is no disconnection required in order to receive the callback. The sipsorcery software will take care of matching up the originating call and the inbound call from GoogleVoice->Gizmo->SIPSorcery.

The proper way to use the application has been changed to:

sys.GoogleVoiceCall("me@gmail.com", "password", "17412312", "81812881")

Aaron
I signed up to gizmo but they didnt' give me a phone number only ip to ip.

I signed up to sipgate, but for last 6 hours unable to find a dialout plan with gv.

reraikes

Post by reraikes » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:08 am

degarb wrote:I signed up to gizmo but they didnt' give me a phone number only ip to ip.
If you signed up at Gizmo5, you would have been assigned a 747-xxx-xxxx number. It's not reachable from the PSTN, but it is reachable from other Gizmo5 users, via SIP (747xxxxxxx@sipphone.com), etc.