SIP/SS calls in to Google Voice

New features you'd like see on SIP Sorcery
LHM

SIP/SS calls in to Google Voice

Post by LHM » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:07 pm

I would like to be able to terminate a SIP in call to GV.
Example: IPKall or anyVoip-sip-provider> sip:myusername@sipsorcery.com> GV for termination and or GV voice mail.
Benefit is, now I can receive a SIP call(ie:Gizmo,e164 or INUM) forwarded by GV to my cell, office phone or GV voice mail instead of just a phone connected to an ATA.

I have tried using below DP and get a fast busy after connection.
What can I do to make this work?

sys.Log("call from #{req.Header.From.FromURI.ToString()} to #{req.URI.User}.")

if sys.In then
# Do your INCOMING call processing customisations here.
if sys.IsAvailable()
sys.Dial("#{sys.Username}@local",30)
sys.GoogleVoiceCall("you@gmail.com","passwd","1747xxxxxxx","myGV#") #To GV for Termination or Voice Mail
else
sys.Respond(480, "#{sys.Username} Not available")
end

else
# Do your OUTGOING call processing customisations here.
Last edited by LHM on Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grampa

Post by Grampa » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:51 am

Isn't that plan like pressing the call button on the GV site and entering your GV number in both the "Call" and "Phone to Ring" fields? I don't think it will work. The only way I know of to terminate calls at your GV number is to have a provider forward them to PSTN, which will cost money.

LHM

Post by LHM » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:18 am

Unfortunately you may be correct. Back in 05/08/09 GV closed off their sip in ip address accessible through Gizmo by putting a proxy in front. I am/was hoping that Aaron may have a way around the proxy.

LHM

Post by LHM » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:53 pm

Will this work and if so, do I need to create a separate IN DP for SS?

if sys.In then
if sys.IsAvailable()
else
sys.GoogleVoiceCall("you@gmail.com","passwd","1747xxxxxxx","my 2nd account GV#") #To GV for Termination or Voice Mail
end

else

gvtricks

Post by gvtricks » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:23 am

LHM wrote:Will this work and if so, do I need to create a separate IN DP for SS?

if sys.In then
if sys.IsAvailable()
else
sys.GoogleVoiceCall("you@gmail.com","passwd","1747xxxxxxx","my 2nd account GV#") #To GV for Termination or Voice Mail
end

else
My is working like this, I created a separated in dial plan. plain and simple this is all just copy paste and replace put nothing else. Just make sure you use a separated set of G5 + GV. no need to have a separated SS account but you have to register your G5 with SS.

Keep in mind also that Gizmo 5 have been very unstable lately and the, so keep and trying because when it works works good. In my case I redirecting the calls to my (soft phone, PAP2T, and my cell Phone) but I have tried with a GV and it works OK. Yes you can have a soft Phone and a ATA registered and working at the same time with one SS account.

Code: Select all

if sys.IsAvailable("SS_account","sipsorcery.com") then
sys.Dial("SS_account@local", 15)
sys.GoogleVoiceCall("GV_2@gmail.com","GV2_Pass","1747XXXXX59","305551212")
end

hrana

Post by hrana » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:48 am

@gvtricks

This is exactly what I've been wanting to do for a while... mainly I want to terminate my SIP calls to GV which is connected to my cell phone. Could you give a more in-depth explanation?

gvtricks

Post by gvtricks » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:32 pm

hrana wrote:@gvtricks

This is exactly what I've been wanting to do for a while... mainly I want to terminate my SIP calls to GV which is connected to my cell phone. Could you give a more in-depth explanation?
There is no tricks, if you can use Aaron SS dial plan for GV to dial out, then Make a separate IN dial plan just copy paste and replace my IN dial plan and replace with your own data.
Just make sure the SIP numbers you want to forward to your GV account are registered with SS.

Ex: If you want a voxalot number to ring your cellphone or your GV number
just add the 123456@us.voxalot.com to your SIP accounts on SS, this will make your Loca@sipsorcery.com ring and them it will forward the cal to your cell or any number you specified.

if sys.IsAvailable("SS_account","sipsorcery.com") then
end
The first part of this dial plan will be to ring your SIP number registered with SS this is optional.

In here the 15 is the number of seconds your local phone will ring before your call get transferred.

The next part of the dial plan:

Will transfer your call to my Cell Phone in my case 3055551212. This number you can replace with any number or your GV number!!!!!

Make sure the G5 number for this GV account is registered with your SS account (1747XXXXX59).
This is a separated GV account, and the consist of one G5 Number + one GV account (1747XXXXX59 is the G5 Number you added to your GV account) there is not need to make a separate SS acount.

For configuration on you GV account Please refer to Google Voice account settings help.

LHM

Post by LHM » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:51 pm

The below was what finally worked for me.

if sys.IsAvailable("#{req.URI.User}","sipsorcery.com") then
sys.Dial("#{req.URI.User}@local", 15)