VoIP Blockage..Can SS help ?

New features you'd like see on SIP Sorcery
funxlab

VoIP Blockage..Can SS help ?

Post by funxlab » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:18 pm

Hi Everybody,

Like many people I am a big fan of SS (as long as there is no stability issue :P ). I am from UAE where like a few other countries VoIP is blocked and anything having "VoIP" in it is blocked. Many people here use Hotspot Shield to bypass this blockage, but then the call & voice quality is badly affected most of the time.

Is it possible to have a permanent solution against this blockage so ISPs face a real tough time to block it or it gets impossible for them to do this ? Please share your suggestions, I am quite sure that many VoIP users (including me) will love to support any such initiative of SS.

Regards,
Jim

Frozen

Re: VoIP Blockage..Can SS help ?

Post by Frozen » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:41 am

Changing the port sometimes works.

AviMarcus

Post by AviMarcus » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:42 am

Help document SIP Sorcery on the wiki!
If you solved an issue you were having or figured out how to do something, please share on the wiki! It will save everyone lots of time and frustration.

bens770

Post by bens770 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:57 am

B"H

Hi, I just read about that on wiki:

"Server Port
Connect your UA to sipsorcery.com, and the default port 5060 should be fine. If your ISP is blocking that port, then try some of try some of these alternatives:
The SIP Sorcery proxy servers listen on the following ports:
UDP 5060 (normal)
TCP 5060
UDP 2060
TCP 2060
TCP 4506
UDP 5080
TCP 5080
UDP 8060"

I'm using SS and one of my SIP provider (SPIKKO) is using the port 5090.
I'm encountering some problems on incoming calls from that provider and maybe it's because SS doesn't listen on that port.

It would be great if you could add TCP and UDP 5090.

Thanks in advance!

AviMarcus

Post by AviMarcus » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:16 pm

Spikko uses port 5090 for INCOMING.

See here for instructions for setting up spikko:
http://wiki.sipsorcery.com/mw/index.php?title=Spikko

Basically, you need to set the register time to 60 or 120 seconds.
That said, Spikko still slips in and out of being registered. It's currently registered on my account right now.

If you want a real DID for Israel that people can call from their regular bezeq phone - 2c by day, 1c by night, try DIDWW.com - it's only $3/month for a new 077 landline, and they do SIP forwarding. (or transfer an old 077 to them for $25 porting fee. Just email them your old invoice).

-Avi
Help document SIP Sorcery on the wiki!
If you solved an issue you were having or figured out how to do something, please share on the wiki! It will save everyone lots of time and frustration.

wilsonhlacerda

Post by wilsonhlacerda » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:39 am

One interesting thing would be SS partner with a VPN provider. The VPN provider could offer a SS driven and CHEAPER connection to SS users. And SS can make money by marketing and getting a commission on that.

And this solve the voip blockage of SS users.

Meanwhile SS users can look for VPN providers out there. The are good and very secure ones for US$5/month. And even some good ones totally free. Just google.