Anveo-like: visual call routing, robotalk

New features you'd like see on SIP Sorcery
AviMarcus

Anveo-like: visual call routing, robotalk

Post by AviMarcus » Mon May 17, 2010 9:38 pm

http://www.anveo.com/consumer/features. ... e=robotalk

They have some sweet stuff - but no free or all you can eat plans.

Any possibility of doing that robotalk - which is similar to Tropo's "Say"?

Thanks!
Help document SIP Sorcery on the wiki!
If you solved an issue you were having or figured out how to do something, please share on the wiki! It will save everyone lots of time and frustration.

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Anveo-like: visual call routing, robotalk

Post by Aaron » Tue May 18, 2010 1:08 am

Thanks for the Anveo link, I hadn't come across them before and it looks like they've got some innovative stuff there. I'll need to have a bit more of a play around with their service as time permits.

As far as the visual call routing goes I have thought about it in the past and did actually build a Silverlight based tool that supported the necessary flowcharts but ultimately I haven't really felt a need for it. The actual routing of calls before they are answered doesn't tend to involve a large sequence of steps and therefore doesn't really lend itself to a visual tool like Anveo's. For IVR's a visual tool does make a lot more sense as the number of steps can get very large. Voxeo (who also run tropo.com) offer a tool similar to Anveo's on their prophecy platform that can be used to build IVR's and it works well.

I don't ever plan for sipsorcery to move into the media processing of calls which is what would be requried to support a feature like topo's say function. There are already numerous platforms around that have excellent media handling capabilities and to my mind it would be a wate of effort to reinvent the wheel. What would be a good fit for sipsorcery is to integrate with one or more of the media platforms so that all your dialplans could be managed from one spot. For example tropo dialplans can be loaded from any arbitrary URL so theoretically they could be just another type of sipsorcery dialplan. For Asterisk based systems like cloudvox.com it's not quite so straightforward but by supporting the Asterisk AGI protocol an Asterisk dialplan could also be managed within sipsorcery as just another dialplan type. These are just convenience measures though and you'd still need an account on tropo, cloudvox etc. so if you really want to start doing some media processing don't wait in vain for sipsorcery to offer it :).

Regards,
Aaron

rod178

Post by rod178 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:49 am

Aaron

Other than your blog, are there any post (eg Use Cases) that utilise Tropo for SS Blindtransfers? A search comes up blank.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Tue May 18, 2010 10:20 am

None that I know of. It's a pretty esoteric case in that not too many people would be using sipsorcery and tropo for their applications.

Regards,
Aaron