Max Simultaneous Calls on VSP

New features you'd like see on SIP Sorcery
AviMarcus

Max Simultaneous Calls on VSP

Post by AviMarcus » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:00 pm

Google Voice I hear only lets you make one outbound call at a time.
Callcentric on unlimited bills you at pay-per-minute if you make a second simultaneous call.
CordiaIP has an unlimited plan for two channels, but "disables" three way calling - probably like callcentric.

It seems FreePBX lets you specify how many simultaneous calls can be on the trunk, and will automatically fail over if that's reached. Is there a similar feature already implemented for SipSorcery?

If there isn't, I'm not sure I would ever use. Plan on going deeper into SIP and start experimenting with a PBX box :)
Help document SIP Sorcery on the wiki!
If you solved an issue you were having or figured out how to do something, please share on the wiki! It will save everyone lots of time and frustration.

reraikes

Re: Max Simultaneous Calls on VSP

Post by reraikes » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:39 pm

I don't believe Sip Sorcery has any restrictions on the number of simultaneous calls, inbound or outbound. I have two phones (one on each channel of a PAP2) registered to a single account and I can make two calls at once, receive two calls at once, or one of each. I'm pretty sure if I registered some more PAP2's on the same account, they'd all work equally well. Sip Sorcery simply attempts the call through your VoIP provider. Whether it's accepted or not is up to that provider.

AviMarcus

Post by AviMarcus » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:01 pm

SipSorcery is fine with most of anything that I throw at it :)
I'm referring to the VSP - the voice provider - especially when you have an unlimited package, they limit your outgoing channels. Sometimes that a failure - fine for SS, but sometimes that connecting the call as usual and charging you a lot more.
If you solved an issue you were having or figured out how to do something, please share on the wiki! It will save everyone lots of time and frustration.

MikeTelis

Post by MikeTelis » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:28 pm

Sipsorcery doesn't limit the number of channels and I can't think of the way you could implement this feature in your dialplan. PBXes offer this functionality (max number of channels and max number of outbound channels), you'll find it in the Trunk settings.

beaver

Post by beaver » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:01 pm

IPKall has a capacity of 94 Channels.

you will need the bandwidth to handle multiple SIP calls to one number or destination.

AviMarcus

Post by AviMarcus » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:14 pm

AviMarcus wrote:Google Voice I hear only lets you make one outbound call at a time.
Callcentric on unlimited bills you at pay-per-minute if you make a second simultaneous call.
CordiaIP has an unlimited plan for two channels, but "disables" three way calling - probably like callcentric.
I don't think I'm making myself clear.
I'd like to use an outgoing VSP without going over the amount of channels I'm allowed to use - which would result it possibly, high fees. Can I track how many outgoing connections I am currently using on a VSP?

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:03 pm

The only related method available is sys.GetCurrentCallCount(). It will tell you how many total calls you have in progress but doesn't tell you anything about which VSP's they are with.

Regards,
Aaron

MikeTelis

Post by MikeTelis » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:25 am

One of my VSPs doesn't allow concurrent calls (which is a kind of silly because I'm billed per minute, so more calls -> more money for them). Anyway, I figured out that sys.Dial would always fail with specific code and reason when I'm trying to make a call and they already have a call in progress. So, I opened 2nd account and if sys.Dial fails with this code and reason I try to place the same call using my other account. The switchover takes 1-2 seconds, no big deal.