Silverlight App out of browser

New features you'd like see on SIP Sorcery
AviMarcus

Silverlight App out of browser

Post by AviMarcus » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:00 am

Heya. I really hate the console. No, it's fine, just chrome always seems to choke on silverlight. Firefox is fine, but that's another browser to open up..
it seems silverlight can be run Out Of Browser - OOB.
This article, when skimmed, seemed to say it was pretty easy:
http://www.michaelsnow.com/2010/04/26/s ... lications/

The other alternative is to finish opening the REST api to do what the SOAP one does (I think it only reads, now). Then I can all my stuff w/o the silverlight client.
Thanks!
Help document SIP Sorcery on the wiki!
If you solved an issue you were having or figured out how to do something, please share on the wiki! It will save everyone lots of time and frustration.

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Silverlight App out of browser

Post by Aaron » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:27 am

Yes Silverlight out of the browser or even a proper desktop application would not be a great leap however if it's the console you are after why not just use an ssh client such as putty or cygwin? Using ssh is much more responsive and efficient than any browser based mechanism as far as monitoring your sipsorcery console messages go.

AviMarcus

Re: Silverlight App out of browser

Post by AviMarcus » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:41 am

Heh, I kinda forgot about putty. Yeah, just for that SSH is mostly fine. (Except for the disconnects and starting from scratch)
But the SSH doesn't let me tinker with the dial plan.

If it's an easy update for the silverlight client (my skim seemed to say it was mostly a compilation option) I'd appreciate it!
Help document SIP Sorcery on the wiki!
If you solved an issue you were having or figured out how to do something, please share on the wiki! It will save everyone lots of time and frustration.