Scheduled calls with DTMF

New features you'd like see on SIP Sorcery
Aaron
Site Admin

Scheduled calls with DTMF

Post by Aaron » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:57 pm

Something I was thinking about which seems like it would be cool to do is to allow calls to be scheduled from a sipsorcery server and then have DTMF messages sent to the callee. It would only work with SIP providers or devices that supported the DTMF via SIP INFO method but there should be a few of those around (I know asterisk supports via SIP INFO).

While it seems like it would be a cool feature to me I couldn't think of anywhere it would be particularly useful in my day-to-day life and was wondering if anyone else can think of a scenario where it would be handy?

ychauhan4u

Re: Scheduled calls with DTMF

Post by ychauhan4u » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:10 am

Hi Aaron,
I am agree with u, this feature will be cool. We can use this feature as alarm or reminder. Also this is useful for phone conference meetings with your friends and customers at scheduled time. This will be useful, when u are traveling and u do not have internet connections, you can setup scheduled call, the time at which u will reach your destination, to inform your family about your journey. Example: You are traveling from Germany to India via Dubai, So u know the time u will reach Dubai or India, and u can setup one scheduled call at that time to make call to ur family with your cheep voip provider, as international calling with phone will be very costly at that time. In this case you can save one side call charge, if your VOIP phone at home.

Regards
Yogesh