May i use gtalk directly in sipsorcery?

New features you'd like see on SIP Sorcery
yupeng

May i use gtalk directly in sipsorcery?

Post by yupeng » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:41 pm

Hello administrator,may i use gtalk directly in sipsorcery?
I want to establish such connection: ATA->sipsorcery->gtalk user1--->gtalk user2

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: May i use gtalk directly in sipsorcery?

Post by Aaron » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:15 am

You can send an instant message to a GTalk account from a sipsorcery dialplan. There's no facility to place a voice call to a GTalk user from sipsorcery.

yupeng

Post by yupeng » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:20 am

It seems that freeswitch can do this.
If i decide to buy sipsorcery service,then ,it needs to get more useful features.

fixup77

Post by fixup77 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:52 am

The major problem of SS service is not about features but reliability. Other such services all use the well established software - asterisk etc. Aaron need more people to beta test this software. Running an old version of SS on my computer is easy, but to update and keep up with what Aaron uses on his server is very difficult. Aaron must address this issue to offer a reliable service. When you charge for a service, reliability is the key. Feathers can be added later. For example, SS is down again at this moment, this is at least the second down time within a week or so. Not acceptable for a charged service.

Aaron, you've been updating way too often. Don't make any unnecessary changes other than solving reliability issues that have happened, at least for now.

Huge database sucks. The free tiny one that almost all phones use is the one. It is also much easier for us to run locally. If one day you really get that much subbed users, it is easy to transfer your database.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:26 am

I agree reliability is an essential feature of a VoIP service let alone a paid VoIP service. The amount of time and effort that has gone into the reliability of the sipsorcery service and software over the last 3 years is enormous (and I would guess your immediate thought to that would be "wow, imagine how unreliable the service would be otherwise").

I'll be doing a more in depth diagnosis and http://sipsorcery.wordpress.com/ post on the incidents later on today but neither were caused by updates to the sipsorcery software for new features or any other reason. Since offering paid plans the underlying sipsorcery software has been operated in a professional manner and updated rarely and even then only during maintenance Windows that correspond to 2am to 5am Sunday morning US PST.

I do apologise for the outages and will increase my efforts to build some redundancy into the sipsorcery platform. The sales over the last nearly two months mean that there is at least now a small budget to allow some extra failover hardware to be considered.