CrowdCall dialing?

New features you'd like see on SIP Sorcery
fixup77

CrowdCall dialing?

Post by fixup77 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:52 pm

One of the two reasons that attracted me to SS is: GoogleVoice dialing (the other is no audio touch, still unique).

Crowdcall is similar to GV, but free calls to many other countries such as India,China, France, Germany, etc. You install an app on your smartphone, give a # for it to call back, then dial out with the app. It supports group calling too.

Even more simple than GV: you don't need a CrowdCall or any account for the dialing.

So, I wonder if Aaron could look into the app and add the dialing into SS.

http://m.slickdeals.net/f/5053232-Free- ... st52472926

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: CrowdCall dialing?

Post by Aaron » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:08 am

I had a quick look around the crowdcall.me web site and I suspect that they aren't likely to encourage alternative ways to place calls outside of their own smart phone applications (not that Google Voice encourage mechanisms outside their own either). That being said if a mechanism does pop up and crowdcall don't kick up a fuss about it I'd take a look to see if it could be integrated with the SIPSorcery service. I don't intend to try reverse engineering their protocol myself though.

fixup77

Re: CrowdCall dialing?

Post by fixup77 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:01 pm

Somebody will (if not yet) post the dialing mechanism, I think, all you do is to implement it into SS.