One provider for incoming calls and another for outgoingHELP

Getting started with the SIP Sorcery
MikeTelis

Post by MikeTelis » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:15 pm

Kiril,

everything seems to be okay. If you are not receiving incoming calls from bgnet it means that either smth's wrong with your bgnet account or there's some sort of incompatibility between bgnet and sipsorcery.

Latter case, you may want report this issue in "Report a bug".

In the interim, I see the following options (for you):

1. Check if incoming calls work by calling your SIP URI. For example, if you PM me your "myaccount" (just account name, not the password!), I'll be able to call it.

2. Replace bgopen with Voxalot (www.voxalot.com). Your friends will be able to reach you thru the same SIPBroker PSTN numbers by dialing:

* 010 xx xx xx #

where xx xx xx is your Voxalot account number.

k_naydenov

Post by k_naydenov » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:19 pm

Hi Mike,

Please tell me what info I want to send you for option 1. You want my account for bgopen or ? Can I send the info as personal message?
I want to keep bgopen, because I bought a local number, which my friends can use to call me.

Option 2, I will try to consider also this option. If 1 does not work.

Kiril

MikeTelis

Post by MikeTelis » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:22 pm

Kiril,

I'd like to know your SIP account name. For example, if your registering contact is myname@sipsorcery.com, I need to know that "myname".

I would prefer to get it by PM (Personal Message), to keep your privacy.

Mike

k_naydenov

Post by k_naydenov » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:54 am

Hi Mike,

I have sent it as PM.

Kiril

MikeTelis

Post by MikeTelis » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:56 am

... and I had no problems calling you. Thus, the problem is not in your dialplan, your account settings... the problem is that Sipsorcery does not receive incoming calls from bgopen.

Your best option is #2 (switch to Voxalot). You'll get the same SIPBroker PSTN numbers for incoming calls, the same free service :)

k_naydenov

Post by k_naydenov » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:58 am

Hi Mike,

I created Voxalot account. I registered it. I did not change anything in the dialing plan.
I call the SIP broken number
and then *010and may voxalot id#

But still I could not receive a call :(. What can be the reason?

Kiril

k_naydenov

Post by k_naydenov » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:01 am

Shall I specify in Voxalot that I have bgopen account?

k_naydenov

Post by k_naydenov » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:15 am

Hi Mike,

You were right, I ahve problems when calling through my voip to my IP phone.
It works when I sued normal phone!!!! :) :) :)
Congratulation for your help!
Thanks a lot!

I will post the bug to sipsorcery.

Kiril

MikeTelis

Post by MikeTelis » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:18 am

Kiril,

I successfully called you via SIPBroker's PSTN number in San Jose, +1 (408) 625-4997. So, you are all set, your friends can call you on this and many other SIPBroker PSTN numbers.

You don't need to add bgopen to Voxalot.

Addendum: Sometimes DTMF dialing from VoIP phone is tricky, you need to tweak your phone or softphone settings to get it to work. You need to find right settings (In-band DTMF, RFC2833, etc) by try and error.

What I'm thinking, could it be that your bgopen problem does not really exists? I mean, if you were checking bgopen by dialing their PSTN number from your IP phone via 12voip and something was wrong with DTMF, bgopen might never receive this call. No wonder you didn't get it at sipsorcery...

k_naydenov

Post by k_naydenov » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:19 am

Hi Mike,

I tried to call my bgopen direct number using my mobile. But a message saying that I can not connect with this number appears. However when I try to my voxalot number, everything is ok. So may be bgopen is a problem. I will repport to the admin. Because, I have bought a direct number from bgopen, so I hope one day it will work. :) However, I am satisfied now with this possibility through voxalot.

May be the last request I would like to make is that I would like when I call to someone, they can see a number. In other words to see my CallID.
This should be added somehow in the dial plan in the line for 12voip. I know how to make it with the old type of script, but with Ruby- I am lost. Can you give me a hint.

Once again thanks for your enormous help.

Kiril