Am I missing something? Can anyone help?

Getting started with the SIP Sorcery
ambrose

Am I missing something? Can anyone help?

Post by ambrose » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:22 pm

I have configured SIP Accounts and am able to call using *1 via Blueface using Xten registered at mysipswitch.

I have registered my Blueface account as:

user password sip.blueface.ie sip:user@213.200.94.182;switchtag=868774

However, when I dial the Blueface extn or 076 number, it goes to BF voicemail. Am I missing a step?

Also, what happens if the call is routed to mysipswitch and isn't answered? Can I route back to BF voicemail?

Ambrose

emoci

Post by emoci » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:36 pm

The configuration page has two sections:

The top part, where dial plans are configured is related to making calls. So you would need to adjust your BlueFace account here to make calls

The bottom, registration part, is for incoming calls. So registering Blueface here will ensure all calls ring your MySipSwitch account...

Now from what you say, you should be receiving BlueFace calls to your ATA registered with MySipSwitch, is that happening?

A few things to try:
-try using user@sip.mysipswitch.com for the contact address
-ensure that Software/ATA is registered with MySipSwitch and recognized as registered in the monitoring page

Now in terms of VoiceMail, normally Blueface VoiceMail should behave the same as if you registered directly with BlueFace, so if VoiceMail picks up after so many rings in that case, it'll happen when registered with MySipSwitch too....

ambrose

Post by ambrose » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:32 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I have configured the top part and can make calls from the ata/softphone registered with mysipswitch via blueface.

I have also registered (I think..) the blueface account in the bottom part.
Monitoring shows One registration found.

Also, on the top right of the status window there is a softphone icon and 3 buttons to the right. Clicking the first one rings the softphone from anon.

emoci

Post by emoci » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:35 pm

Yep, that looks good....are you still having trouble receiving calls?

ambrose

Post by ambrose » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:35 am

emoci wrote:Yep, that looks good....are you still having trouble receiving calls?
Yes, calls to BF extn or external number just goes to voicemail..

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:23 am

Hi ambrose,

It would be worth trying again now after changing the contact for your Blueface registration to:

username@213.200.94.182

Blueface has disabled DNS lookups on contacts for the time being s the contact has to be an IP address.

A change has been made to the way incoming call configuration works on the sipswitch as it was confusing some users, that may hace been the original issue.

Regards,

Aaron

ambrose

Post by ambrose » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:27 am

Thanks Aaron, I'll try tonight when I get home but had tried several options including I'm sure the IP address over the weekend.

ambrose

Post by ambrose » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:29 am

ambrose wrote:Thanks Aaron, I'll try tonight when I get home but had tried several options including I'm sure the IP address over the weekend.
Actually, the advantage with SipSwitch is that if you can get someone to power up the PC, the change can be done from anywhere..!

Perfect, all works fine now. Thanks to both of you for the help.

TheFug

Post by TheFug » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:09 pm

ambrose wrote:
ambrose wrote:Thanks Aaron, I'll try tonight when I get home but had tried several options including I'm sure the IP address over the weekend.
Actually, the advantage with SipSwitch is that if you can get someone to power up the PC, the change can be done from anywhere..!

Perfect, all works fine now. Thanks to both of you for the help.
Checkout your motherboard's BIOS !
Thanks, The Fug.

gear: my ISP's Zyxel Modem/Router in bridge, Sitecom WL309 Router, Siemens Gigaset 301D

ambrose

Post by ambrose » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:15 pm

Lol! :oops: