CallerID at MySIPSwitch

Getting started with the SIP Sorcery
TheFug

Post by TheFug » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:18 pm

Depends, now, you don't have to set your CallerID in your dialplan, you can set your From: header info per provider, in the advanced provider settings.
Most of the time this would be your username/voipnumber@sip.that.provider.com and that's your sip-uri,
with an anon account, which you can make with Sipbroker, you can completely compose your sip-uri then.
But you can only use this in a voip > voip way.

provider name: SIPBROKER
username: anon
password: [empty]
sip server: sipbroker.com

From header: "whatevertext" <sip:PhoneNumber@Anyname.com>

(you don't have to use the "whatevertext" option)

now you can voip to any voip/sip network, dialing the network code(x) found on Sipbroker, with there after the voipuser number(n). *xxxxnnnnnnnn

and whatevertext PhoneNumber@Anyname.com will be visible for the callee.

an analog phone will only show the PhoneNumber

Note: most of the Sipbroker callerID "tricks" are'nt possible anymore due to safety and legal restrictions, now in use.
Last edited by TheFug on Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks, The Fug.

gear: my ISP's Zyxel Modem/Router in bridge, Sitecom WL309 Router, Siemens Gigaset 301D

formidible

Post by formidible » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:15 pm

mmm...think I get it :roll: Presumably if you have no caller number with your provider then a made up one cannot be imported?

I have completely given up with Betamax and will never use them again. The caller ID is never accurate - can reset it and gets reinstated for a landline, but as soon as you dial a mobile number its gone forever (again).

TheFug

Post by TheFug » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:49 pm

Your caller ID is always bound to your username, and the domain name of the provider, anything else will not work, it's just not legal otherwise.
If you have had it with the betamax providers, you might try Callcentric or Tpad, or both :)
Callcentric has a lot of options and control...

btw. You can get an US number at www.ipkall.com for free
Thanks, The Fug.

gear: my ISP's Zyxel Modem/Router in bridge, Sitecom WL309 Router, Siemens Gigaset 301D