CallerID at MySIPSwitch

Getting started with the SIP Sorcery
TheFug

CallerID at MySIPSwitch

Post by TheFug » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:13 pm

Note: this is an old post, not related to the Ruby type of dialplan, to set CallerID you can now also set the From: header, in the advanced settings, for that particular provider.

If you want to keep your CallerID when using MySIPSwitch, this can be done too, It was a feature request from a MySIPSwitch user, that became implemented, see http://www.mysipswitch.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16
and looks like this: exten => _X.,1,Switch(vbusername,vbpassword,${EXTEN}@sip.voipbuster.com, <sip:MYPHONENUMBER@sip.voipbuster.com>)
When you compare it with a "normal" dialrule you wil notice the last part, that has been added, MYPHONENUMBER is then your complete phonenumber, the international dial out number, 00 followed with your country number, your town number minus the zero, and your subscriber number.
Your phonenumber must be registered with the provider too, Voipbuster in this case, the option can be found in their softphone application, you can do this also with your GSM/cell/Mobile phone, it's an automated process, they'll ring you back on the number you gave them.

note: this method is not needed with the new syntax now,
you now can put the phone # sip uri part at the registration of that provider,
in the advanced setting option, From Header field..
saves a lot of typework in the dialrules.

(see also other posts)

Note: this is an old post, not related to the Ruby type of dialplan, to set CallerID you can now also set the From: header, in the advanced settings, for that particular provider.
http://www.mysipswitch.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=139
Last edited by TheFug on Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Thanks, The Fug.

gear: my ISP's Zyxel Modem/Router in bridge, Sitecom WL309 Router, Siemens Gigaset 301D

eliafino

Re: CallerID at MySIPSwitch

Post by eliafino » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:35 am

TheFug wrote: When you compare it with a "normal" dialrule you wil notice the last part, that has been added, MYPHONENUMBER is then your complete phonenumber, the international dial out number, 00 followed with your country number, your town number minus the zero, and your subscriber number.
Hi TheFug,
for me work with + instead of 00

Regards,
Elia Finotti

TheFug

Re: CallerID at MySIPSwitch

Post by TheFug » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:44 pm

eliafino wrote:
TheFug wrote: When you compare it with a "normal" dialrule you wil notice the last part, that has been added, MYPHONENUMBER is then your complete phonenumber, the international dial out number, 00 followed with your country number, your town number minus the zero, and your subscriber number.
Hi TheFug,
for me work with + instead of 00

Regards,
Elia Finotti
Okay, didn't try that yet, but it's good to know, thank you, i'm already happy if things just work correct :) for me, it's very new, the nice thing is, we all can learn from each other.
Thanks, The Fug.

gear: my ISP's Zyxel Modem/Router in bridge, Sitecom WL309 Router, Siemens Gigaset 301D

caesu

Post by caesu » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:05 pm

for me it also works without 00 and country code.
in national format: just the geographic area code and the telephone number.

(netnummer + abonneenumber: 0101234567).

sometimes i had people complaining they got my number in international format on their display when i was calling them on fixed lines.

i am not sure if this is still the case with the number in national format but the CID gets send anyway.

TheFug

Post by TheFug » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:36 pm

caesu wrote:for me it also works without 00 and country code.
in national format: just the geographic area code and the telephone number.

(netnummer + abonneenumber: 0101234567).

sometimes i had people complaining they got my number in international format on their display when i was calling them on fixed lines.

i am not sure if this is still the case with the number in national format but the CID gets send anyway.
Now you mention that.... when i was fooling around with my ATA's DTMF settings, i got also different display results.... and with DTMF set for Finland/Sweden, it got solved....don't know for sure, if this will solve your "bug"......
Thanks, The Fug.

Windstorm

Post by Windstorm » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:09 pm

is it possible to send your caller-id in national format? especially with betamax. I mentioned that isn't possible, is that correct?
outgoing sip: Webcalldirect NL Mobile and Voipbuster Fixed
als tegoeden opzijn: naar www.Justvoip.com
incoming: Budgetphone NL
Voip Fax: Speedlinq (tel.telefoniedienst.nl) (registreted in speedtouch 716)

Verder klanten via: www.windbel.nl

TheFug

Post by TheFug » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:03 am

Windstorm wrote:is it possible to send your caller-id in national format? especially with betamax. I mentioned that isn't possible, is that correct?
Yes, i've just checked it, and it works fine, using vb & vc, noticed on my mobile phone, "call diverted activated" before it makes the call to my landline, so i guess my provider (T-Mobile prepay) ditects my use of MySIPSwitch/VoipCheap....no... because i dial from my Mobile provider direct to my landline..... just normal i guess... the divert is the mobile to landline "gateway" i guess ?
Thanks, The Fug.

TheFug

Post by TheFug » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:36 am

But... maybe it has effect when you call outside your country ? when you're not sending your country code ? or does the ITSP do the rest .... i guess a lot of the voip/sip stuff is unpredictable, because the technology itself is very new, the stronger the security, the sooner something goes wrong, old and new equipment doesn't want to work correctly with eachother,also.... catch 22 :(
Thanks, The Fug.

caesu

Post by caesu » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:46 am

sometimes CID goes a bit wrong.

bit i think this is more a Voipbuster/Voipcheap/Betamax issue.
and it depends what kind of phone is receiving the call.
and especially what the CID settings are in that phone.

when i call a cell phone it is always international format (+31...).
but that is normal behaviour.

when i call a fixed line for most people it gets there in national format.
i think people who also use VoIP have a bigger chance of getting the number in international format.
sometimes it is also UNKNOWN or OUT OF RANGE :shock:

or something weird as a random number like 0031204567 (not even an existing number).

but most of time just national format, which is of course the best as people can call me straight back on that number without having to remove the country code.

(calling on a fixed KPN-line 003120.... doesn't work).

formidible

Post by formidible » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:54 pm

The caller ID from your mobile number for example cannot be imported into the provider settings?