An old new user

Getting started with the SIP Sorcery
cybermaus

An old new user

Post by cybermaus » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:57 pm

Hi all

I used to have an account at mysipswitch.com, but when I canceled one of my sip accounts I stopped using it, as did not have any difficult dailplans anymore, and did not want to have unneeded steps for a single SIP phone.

Right now, I wanted to again combine 2 SIP accounts, so I thought of it again, but it seems MySIPSwitch.com is gone. Replaced by SIP Sorcery. I guess its true in the world of IT that if you step out for a while, you are hopelessly out of touch.
I cant help noticing that sipsorcery works by invites, and the old mysipswitch accounts have not been migrated.

Anyone have an invite for an old user who wants to become a new user?

Thanks

TheFug

Re: An old new user

Post by TheFug » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:52 pm

You should use your old forum inlog :) nothing happend with that data.
My only advise: if possilble use an (real) IP phone, or a DECT IP set, these devices can handle multiple accounts,
and you can use the highest quality (mp3) codec (722) that way.
Sipsorcery is nice for people who want to test or make SIP/VoIP software, and maybe not for people who want to have an one time installation,
which works allways with no maintenance. (in that case you should donate some money, but even then you aren't given any guarentees)
You should ask yourself which option to choose for, and what's it worth to you.
Thanks, The Fug.

gear: my ISP's Zyxel Modem/Router in bridge, Sitecom WL309 Router, Siemens Gigaset 301D