Help with Dialplan

Getting started with the SIP Sorcery
stav

Re: Help with Dialplan

Post by stav » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:01 pm

Thanks for advising, I have another issue now,
I need to dial 1+561+number every time I call. How to correct this so I can dial the 7 digit number for local and the 10 digit numbers for long distance? Do I need the dial plan in the ATA or can I leave this field blank?
Thanks,
Stavros

MikeTelis

Post by MikeTelis » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:15 pm

Seems like you're trying to reinvent the bicycle :) Check out my Simple Dial Plan with CNAM and VM.

stav

Post by stav » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:48 pm

I copy/paste your plan (raw data) , edited my credentials in the # areas only and it works fine with certain phone numbers. With others, I have to dial 1+area code+number. There is no clear pattern to that though, but it looks like it likes some and dislikes other numbers...:(( I know I'm doing something wrong somewhere during the editing, but have no idea where. I checked and double checked it looks OK to me. Also when I dial the 7 number, the "console" doesnt register any movement, so I cannot even show it to you. Any more ideas/suggestions?
Thanks,
Stavros

MikeTelis

Post by MikeTelis » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:19 am

Oh, it must be the dialplan in your ATA. The adapter has its own dialplan and probably you programmed it so that it wouldn't pass 7-digit numbers to Sipsorcery. Please refer to your ATA's manual. Once you figure out what's wrong and reprogram the ATA, go to the Console and make sure that the number you send to Sipsorcery is the same as you dial (your ATA doesn't strip out, prepend or append any extra digits).

stav

Post by stav » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:11 pm

Yes, it was the dialplan in my ATA. Tweaked a bit and now it works just fine. In the SS console I can see the number I'm dialing at its whole, i.e with the country code and area code, even though I dial the 7 digit one. So, it seems that the ATA sends the right info to SS.
Thanks for all your time and help on this, Best regards,
Stavros

MikeTelis

Post by MikeTelis » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:17 pm

No prob. Should you ever use a softphone without fancy dialplan, my dialplan will help you with 7-digit numbers :)

deskbound

Post by deskbound » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:47 pm

Mike

Ribbit use to ring me, now everything goes to VM. I have a simple inbound for Ribbit that still works for GV. Both work fine outbound. However if I take out the inbound plan on both, both don't get inbound.

I noticed that you have a new plan with cname in a file you linked "SVN". YES, YES. Will that solve Ribbit not ringing. Also, I can't make heads or tales out of the plan as I've managed on my knowledge of cut & past. If I understand it, I put the entire plan in for Inbound and for outbound rather than separate plans I have been using. If not can you tell me where the break is in the complex (I must be kidding myself) plan and the simple plan.

Thanks
Michael

MikeTelis

Post by MikeTelis » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:43 am

Hi Michael,

in order to receive incoming calls from Ribbit, you need to register as sip:uxxxxxxxxxx@69.59.142.213, where 'u' followed by 10 digits is User ID assigned to you by Ribbit (Settings / Phones & Numbers / SIP) and 69.59.142.213 is IP address for sipsorcery.com.

Go to "SIP providers" and change "Register Contact" for Ribbit to sip:uxxxxxxxxxx@69.59.142.213.

Now, you need to add a SIP account with uxxxxxxxxxx name. Go to "SIP accounts" and add a new account with this name. You'll also need to forward calls to your main SIP account. So, create a new dialplan under, say, "forward2main" name and enter these lines:

Code: Select all

sys.SetFromHeader(req.Header.From.FromName, req.Header.From.FromURI.User, req.Header.From.FromURI.Host)
sys.Dial('MainSIPAccount@local')
Set this dialplan as "In" on the uxxxxxxxxxx SIP account; leave "Out" dialplan blank. Now incoming calls from Ribbit should ring your ATA / softphone.

As you can see, this "Ribbit" thing is isolated and unlinked from the dialplan you have on your main SIP account. You can use "CNAM" dialplan on your main account.

deskbound

Post by deskbound » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:34 pm

Mike

Please excuse my stupidity, getting too old, working at 10% brain capacity from 7 years ago, and it wasn't great then. Will probably be a vegetable in 5 more years. :cry:

I presently have account with user name uxxxxxxxxxx, and register contact is uxxxxxxxxxx@174.129.234.254 which has worked for outbound

I changed register contact to uxxxxxxxxxx@69.59.142.213 (now done) still works for outbound

Now should I set up a second account with same user name and register contact as first account and then proceed as instructed ? I show owner and user with same uxxxxxxxxxx name in main sip providers window of main account.

Regarding cnam dialplan. Does that entire plan go in both outbound and inbound plans in the main account?

Thanks for your help

Michael D

MikeTelis

Post by MikeTelis » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:35 am

Hi Michael,

174.129.234.254 is Sipsorcery's old IP address (before Aaron moved server to a new hosting). So, current address is 69.59.142.213 and that's what you have now. Check if Sipsorcery can register to Ribbit (you'll find a list of all registrations at the bottom of "SIP providers" page).

uxxxxxxxxxx SIP account should be added on your "SIP accounts" page. Account name is uxxxxxxxxxx, arbitrary password (doesn't matter, just make it hard to guess).