Use one SIPSorcery account with multiple SIP accounts

Getting started with the SIP Sorcery
muppetman462

Use one SIPSorcery account with multiple SIP accounts

Post by muppetman462 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:13 am

Greetings,
I am beating my head trying to figure out how to set up sipsorcery for more than one account. I have a SIPSorcery account that is currently configured for myself. I have everything working with google voice/sipgate. My wife as a Google Voice number, and will be traveling overseas. I would like to set up another user/dial plane in SIPSorcery to enable her to use wifi and call me while she is gone. I am confused on how I should go about doing this. I would assume I could create another user name, dial plan, ect, but for the life of me, I cannot get it to configure properly after that. I would assume that when I go to register the user name/password, it would be the user name/password I created in SIPSorcery, but that does not work. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

MikeTelis

Re: Use one SIPSorcery account with multiple SIP accounts

Post by MikeTelis » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:46 am

You need to add yet another SIP account. Login to SS website, go to "SIP accounts" and click on "Add". Make up a username and password. Note that username must be unique within SS domain; if the name is taken (by you or any other SS user), you'll get an error. If this happens, just try another one.

Once you created new SIP account, you should be able to register your SIP client (ATA, softphone) using this Username/Password pair. Then you can add a new dialplan(s) and link it to this SIP account as "Out" and, if necessary, "In" dialplan.

rnapolean

Post by rnapolean » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:00 pm

That is interesting. I tried doing this as well. I have a sip account rnapolean@sipsorcery.com work well. Then I add another sip account 100-rnapolean@sipsorcery.com using the same dialin plan but a different dialout plan. i can call out but am not able to accept incoming calls. I'm trying to figure out what is wrong there. i would appreciate if you can give me some hint. There are 3 possible reason it is working i can think of so far.

1. I need a separate Dialin plan for both of them.

2. I am using an ata and a softphone for those two sip account behind the same router. I can see at sipsorcery.com that the port for my second sip account is 3565.

3. my second sip account name causes confusion for sipsorcery.

Thx.

Update: The problem is the dial plan. I changed the in plan from sys.Dial("#{sys.Username}@local",30) to sys.Dial('100-rnapolean@local',30) and i can receive calls now. But with a new problem that the call will be disconnected automatically after a few seconds when i pickup the phone.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:27 pm

If you go to the Console tab on the Silverlight portal and record the post up the messages when the disconnect happens we'll have some more information to help you with.

rnapolean

Post by rnapolean » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:21 am

Thanks. Aaron. The problem was gone after i switched from Fring to X-Lite and Linphone. Call in and out without problem i guess it is Fring's problem.