Linksys SPA2102-R Voice Configuration

Getting started with the SIP Sorcery
sw231

Linksys SPA2102-R Voice Configuration

Post by sw231 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:12 am

Hi all Gurus,

I've got a Linksys SPA2102-R from a former iTalkBB user. I was able to login as admin and changing the Voice settings.

The device has a "Restricted Access Domains: italkbb.com,italkglobal.com so I can not use Line 1. But Line 2 is free to change. Attached is my screen shot for Line 2 setting and SIP setting. From Sipsorcery's portal, or from SPA's web status, I can see that the device does not register on Sipsorcery. Strangely I do get a dial tone and can make calls through Sipsorcery. This is through a Sipsorcery-Google Voice-Gizmo5 dial out plan.

My Sipsorcery-Google Voice-Gizmo5 itself has no problem because I have been using it with Zoiper softphone. I can see Zoiper register with Sipsorcery, I can call out and receive calls through Zoiper softphone.

The problem might be the "NAT". My SPA is behind a D-Link router. The Windows XP computer that Zoiper is on is also behind the same router so the router itself isn't restrictive, I think.

Hope someone can help me to sort the things out!

--sw231
-sw231

MikeTelis

Re: Linksys SPA2102-R Voice Configuration

Post by MikeTelis » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:28 am

Outbound calls work because you set "Make calls without registration" -> Yes. As to the NAT, I don't think you really need to use STUN because Sipsorcery automatically substitutes local IP with your external IP.

It must be something else... why don't you start with unlocking your SPA-2102?

DaveSin

Post by DaveSin » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:54 pm

Is it necessary to use "Use Auth ID: Yes" and "Auth ID: yuanyi502" in order to register to Sipsorcery? I leave these two field blank on both my PAP2T-NA and SPA-3102 and I was able to Register! Try remove these fields to see if it makes a difference.

EDIT: I entered the information with respect to Use Auth ID/Auth ID on my SPA-3102 and it did register with Sipsorcery, but I could not get the phone attached to Line 1to ring. I hear the ringing tone, but the physical phone attached to line 1 did not ring and after 4-ring, the calls go to VM!!

I'm curious as to what those codes do on your SIP screen UNDER:

Response Status Code Handling

SIT1 RSC: S01, S02

SIT2 RSC: R01,R02,R03,R40*

Are these settings that was setup by the provider that locked Line 1?

If you cannot unlock this device myself, maybe you might want to contact DogFace05 at:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r248331 ... iderations

and he can unlock the device remotely for a fee.

sw231

Post by sw231 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:36 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions. I figured that I just need to reboot the ATA to make it work. How dumb I am.
-sw231

jaym

Post by jaym » Tue May 08, 2012 7:43 am

Hi sw231,

Can you help me w/ the admin user account you used? I also have a linksys SPA2102-R from previous iTalkBB user. any help would really be appreciated. You can e-mail me at jaymijz@yahoo.com, thanks.

=====
sw231 wrote:Hi all Gurus,

I've got a Linksys SPA2102-R from a former iTalkBB user. I was able to login as admin and changing the Voice settings.

The device has a "Restricted Access Domains: italkbb.com,italkglobal.com so I can not use Line 1. But Line 2 is free to change. Attached is my screen shot for Line 2 setting and SIP setting. From Sipsorcery's portal, or from SPA's web status, I can see that the device does not register on Sipsorcery. Strangely I do get a dial tone and can make calls through Sipsorcery. This is through a Sipsorcery-Google Voice-Gizmo5 dial out plan.

My Sipsorcery-Google Voice-Gizmo5 itself has no problem because I have been using it with Zoiper softphone. I can see Zoiper register with Sipsorcery, I can call out and receive calls through Zoiper softphone.

The problem might be the "NAT". My SPA is behind a D-Link router. The Windows XP computer that Zoiper is on is also behind the same router so the router itself isn't restrictive, I think.

Hope someone can help me to sort the things out!

--sw231