2 Questions: Forwarding and Conferencing

Getting started with the SIP Sorcery
chhatc

2 Questions: Forwarding and Conferencing

Post by chhatc » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:39 pm

I have successfully set up an ATA with my sipsorcery credentials.
Currently it is setup as follows:
(IPComms+IPKall+SipGate)->sipsorcery->ATA

yep I have all three configured to ring Line 1 of my PAP2T.
I have setup GV to forward to IPComms (and IPKall + Sipgate as inactive)

Incoming Call to my GV -> IPComms -> Sipsorcery-> ATA

Simple enough.

Is it possible for me to conference call? I am setup for CallWaiting and switching between calls, just wondering if Conferencing is possible?

2nd Question:
If someone calls my GV number, it will ring IPComms->Sipsorcery->ATA. If no one picks up, it goes straight to voicemail on my GV number, which is great.
Is there anyway, I can set it up such that if someone calls me on my IPComms or IPKall number directly, that it would go to my GV Voicemail after 30 seconds (Call forward on No Ans/Busy). Catch is that I don't want this to happen on the ATA (which has these options). Furthermore, if i forward to my GV number through my ATA, would it not then forward the call back to my ATA (which I do not want happening)?

Can someone help me out with these two things.

Thanks.

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: 2 Questions: Forwarding and Conferencing

Post by Aaron » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:30 am

I can answer the first question but I'm not sure about the second one relating to Google Voice voicemail, hopefully someone else will be able to help with it.

Some IP Phones and to a lesser extent ATAs support 3 way calling which could be considered a conference. The sipsorcery server doesn't care how many calls are being handled by your ATA so from its point of view 3 way calling is not a problem. If your ATA doesn't support 3 way calling or if you want more than 3 callers you'll most likely have to find a SIP provider that offers a conferencing feature which a lot of them do. Some providers will give you a dedicated number or SIP URI that can act as your dedicated conference room while some will let you set them up on demand. Two of the more advanced providers that you could take a look at are anveo.com and tropo.com.