Can't get sipsorcery registered with voip.ms

Getting started with the SIP Sorcery
rockymountain

Can't get sipsorcery registered with voip.ms

Post by rockymountain » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:01 am

Hi, I'm stumped!

I followed the instructions here (http://wiki.sipsorcery.com/mw/index.php?title=VoIP.ms) to the letter. Yet, when I look at my voip.ms registrations page, the sub-account 128622_4 shows no client registered, and outbound calls that use it fail.

Provider Settings details are:
----------------------------
Account type: FREE.
Provider name: voipms
Username: 129822_4
Password: (I assigned 12 characters, mix of upper/lower case and numerals, no symbols).
Server: houston.voip.ms (I've also tried sip:houston.voip.ms)
Register: Yes
Register contact: sip:dereksherlock@sipsorcery.com

I have verified carefully that I have identical username/password/servername settings on voip.ms sub-account and sipsorcery provider settings.

I've verified that the voip.ms sub-account is working OK, by registering directly to it from an ATA (bypassing sipsorcery altogether).

I've tried watching the logged messages via ssh. The only messages I see relate to traffic between my ATA and sipsorcery (successful registration and keep-alive messages), not between sipsorcery and voip.ms. (I don't know if this is because there is no traffic to/from voip.ms, or because I don't know how to driver the logging filters. I need to learn more in that area.)

Any help or suggestions would be gratefully received!

Thanks
Derek.

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Can't get sipsorcery registered with voip.ms

Post by Aaron » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:27 am

The error message you're getting, shown below, typically means there the username was not recognised as a valid account by your Provider, in this case voip.ms. I'm not that familiar with voip.ms so don't know if SIP accounts are tied to different servers or not, have you tried just using voip.ms as the server?
Username was rejected by SIP Provider with 403 Forbidden (Bad auth).

rockymountain

Post by rockymountain » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:35 am

I use houston.voip.ms when I register directly from my ATA (bypassing sipsorcery), and it works fine.

But voip.ms does also allow you to use just plain voip.ms, with somewhat reduced features. So, I tried that, and it gave exactly the same problem.

BTW, how do you get it to display diagnostics/logs from the sipsorcery->voip.ms? My ssh session does not show any of that. (I don't have access to silverlight).

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:24 am

By default the ssh console will display all your diagnostics messages. To get full SIP messages you need to use:

filter => event full

Full SIP messages can quickly get a bit overwhelming so it's best to turn it on just prior to attempting the registration or call you are investigating and then stop the caputre, by pressing s, when the investigation event is complete.

rockymountain

Post by rockymountain » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:00 am

Thanks, with the aid of the ssh log, I got it sorted out. Seems that for some reason, my sipsorcery username (dereksherlock) was used as the username for the voip.ms registration, instead of the given username (128622_4). I fixed it by setting the AuthID field eplicitly.

I'm fairly certain this is a bug.