GV callback

Getting started with the SIP Sorcery
showup

GV callback

Post by showup » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:31 pm

I had my google call back work fine until yesterday evening. Since then when i call out, a call is initiated to the distination number but the callback feature is struck at sipgate level and the call do not pass back to google number. So whatever they talk is recorded in the sipgate mailbox. Any suggestions on how to sovle? Thanks in advance.

showup

Re: GV callback

Post by showup » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:54 am

Ok. I figured out what was the problem. The sipprovider has to be registered on sipsorcery. For some reason it was not registered when i checked it. I have no idea how it changed without me changing it :roll: Now i enabled it. Everything works. :P

showup

Post by showup » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:36 pm

This problem seems to be not related to the registration status of the sip provider. This morning i have the exact same propbem. And the sipgate account is registered. I also switched to the IPComm account. It is of no use. It is doing the same thing what sipgate did. So, where is the problem? Any advise is appreciated.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:58 am

The best thing to do is to see if you can catch the Console messages when one of your calls fail and post the results up here. The Console messages can be obtained in the Silverlight portal on the Console tab. It could just be that your Google voice callbacks are occasionally failing. I've observed that to occur from time-to-time with my own test calls. When it happens retrying the call a second time will normally work. There's a lot of moving parts with a Google Voice call and the sipsorcery HTTP callback approach is a big kludge so it's likely something will go wrong from time-to-time.

showup

Post by showup » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:37 pm

Thanks Aaron! It started working from the next day. I will post the console messages if it fails again.