Simple Wizard incoming dial plan bug ?

Getting started with the SIP Sorcery
Corbu'

Simple Wizard incoming dial plan bug ?

Post by Corbu' » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:41 am

Hello everyone form an ex Voxalot user.

I have a problem creating an incoming dial plan by using the Simple Wizard. I don't want to deal with Ruby (I find too complicated to use) and it seems the Simple Wizard provides all the functionality that I need.

So far I have created all Outgoing Call Rules by using the Simple Wizard and all outgoing calls are working just fine, but my problem is the Incoming Call Rules. What I am trying to do is > I have a provider (Localphone) with an associated DID (Localphone is SIP registered and should accept incoming calls). What I want to do is to call that DID which rings Localphone and the call to be redirected to a PSTN number (ex 123456789) by using a Betamax VSP. So if I dial the DID > Localphone rings > redirect to 123456789 by using Betamax VSP. At the end all I get is a busy tone and if I check under CALLS tab,

What I have done so far
1. Registered the provider Localphone so it can accept incoming calls.
2. Incoming call rules
- Match Call To > TO Sip Provider > Select Localphone (from what I understand, if Localphone rings ....)
- Destination > PSTN 123456789 @ Betamax VSP (dial PSTN by using Betamax)
3. Save
4. Sip Accounts / selected the created dial plan under the "In Dial Plan" option.

After all this it doesn't work and I don't understand why. Also, under the CALLS tab,I can see the call reaching SipSorcery (IN), but there is nothing going OUT so from what I can understand, the dial plan doesn't forward the call.

In conclusion, can it be done with the Simple Wizard, I really don't want to go the Ruby route.
Thank you.

Claudiu

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Simple Wizard incoming dial plan bug ?

Post by Aaron » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:51 am

The critical part of using the SimpleWizard to match incoming calls by provider is the Register Contact that you use with the provider. It must be of the format:

<provider name>.<sipsorcery username>@sipsorcery.com

So for example if you want to match incoming calls from a provider entry named Localphone and your sipsorcery username is joebloggs then the Register Contact would have to be:

localphone.jpebloggs@sipsorcery.com

I realise this is a bit of a pain but without customising the Register Contact there is no other way for the sipsorcery server to know which provider record an incoming call is for.

If it still doesn't work as expected the best thing to allow us to assist you further is to login to the Silverlight portal, open and click connect on the Console tab and then place your call. You should get a whole bunch of diagnostic messages in the Console and posting those here will allow us to help.

Corbu'

Post by Corbu' » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:15 am

Thanks Aaron. There is something that I don't get with the way SipSorcery handles the Register Contact names. Localphone was actually named before Localphone Claudiu and it was registered as sip: lp.181974@sipsorcery.com. Not knowing if SS recognizes the space between Localphone and Claudiu I modified the provider name to LocalphoneClaudiu (without any spaces) and I changed the Register Contact to LocalphoneClaudiu.181974@sipsorcery.com

The problem is it still doesn't work and the Localphone name wasn't updated in the outgoing calls dial plan. Also do I have to manually change the dial plan and select Localphone with the updated name?

Here is the console copy/paste

Code: Select all

Monitor 10:15:05:626: basetype=console, ipaddress=*, user=181974, event=*, request=*, serveripaddress=*, server=*, regex=.*.
DialPlan 10:15:19:033 sip1(68456): Using dialplan Wizard dial plan for In call to sip:LocalphoneClaudiu.181974@sipsorcery.com;rinstance=261464.
NewCall 10:15:19:033 sip1(68456): Executing script dial plan for call to LocalphoneClaudiu.181974.
DialPlan 10:15:19:080 sip1(68456): SimpleWizard processing commenced.
DialPlan 10:15:19:111 sip1(68456): Dialplan cleanup for 181974.
DialPlan 10:15:19:220 sip1(68456): Dial plan execution completed without answering and with no last failure status.
DialPlan 10:15:19:220 sip1(68456): UAS call failed with a response status of 480.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:45 am

If you change the name of a provider then yes you will need to manually update the entries that use that provider in both the outgoing and incoming dial plans.

If the provider lists in the SimpleWizard don't reflect the changes you made to a SIP provider then close and re-open the dial plan.

Corbu'

Post by Corbu' » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:07 pm

Thank you again Aaron, I managed to get it working, the Register Contact tab was the issue.

But I have one more questions about naming providers please:

I have 3 accounts from a provider called SmartCall and each account belongs to one of my family members. For convenience I have added their names at the end and I have SmartCall Silvia, SmartCall Michael, etc. But since I need to register all these accounts, I to fill in the Register Contact tab, but I don't know what is allowed.
Can I use SmartCall Silvia.joebloggs@sipsorcery.com , with a space between SmartCall and Silvia? Or in case it doesn't work, are any special characters permitted like . or / ? The last option would be to use SmartCallSilvia.joebloggs@sipsorcery.com (with no spaces or anything between the names), but my experience has thought me that once you start adding more providers and "growing" the dial plan, if you don't use simple to follow names, it is so easy to make a mistake and you end troubleshooting a simple spelling typing error.

Thank you.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:28 am

You can use spaces in your provider names and in the Register Contact field. The space does need to be escaped as %20 ( the same as in web addresses) but the SIPSorcery web server will take care of that.