possibilities in sipsorcery?

Getting started with the SIP Sorcery
shahram

possibilities in sipsorcery?

Post by shahram » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:03 pm

Hello,

I have some questions before I start to try your services, I would really appreciate your help!
me and my friends want to use sipsorcery and if it turns out good to have more people joining us :)
for most of the questions if I just know its possible, I will work on it to make it work somehow!

is it possible to have multiple extensions (with different username and passwords) and each extension would receive calls from different providers (eg callcentric), and can make calls through some other different voip providers? and is it possible for extensions to call each other?

I read about making a SIP account and setting it as "incoming only" and that would make it an extension, but that got me confused if then I can set incoming/outgoing routes for it?

is there a limit on how many simultaneous working extensions I can have and if the incoming provider and my sip device support call waiting, will it work through sipsorcery?

is it possible to play a voice before the call (that is eg regarding the first question, 2 people who are connected to their own voip accounts, for each, the amount of money remaining in their account is queried through some web url and played before their call)

is it possible to execute an action after each calls end (a log of call details, duration etc.. and do something based on it)

and last, I am new with DNS SRV,
with callcentric, to bypass isp restrictions on port 5060, they told me about an address of them that apparently uses DNS SRV and No port (I assume its 80),
I read around how to set my domain as DNS SRV, but since I dont know much about this system, can I actually make it to point to sipsorcery?

regards.

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: possibilities in sipsorcery?

Post by Aaron » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:13 am

shahram wrote:1.
is it possible to have multiple extensions (with different username and passwords) and each extension would receive calls from different providers (eg callcentric), and can make calls through some other different voip providers? and is it possible for extensions to call each other?
Yep.
shahram wrote:I read about making a SIP account and setting it as "incoming only" and that would make it an extension, but that got me confused if then I can set incoming/outgoing routes for it?
A SIP account can be used for incoming and outgoing calls. Setting the incoming only flag on a SIP account means the server will reject any attempts to place an authenticated call with that account.
shahram wrote:2.
is there a limit on how many simultaneous working extensions I can have and if the incoming provider and my sip device support call waiting, will it work through sipsorcery?
There is no limit on the number of extensions. There is a limit on the number of simultaneous dial plan executions, which is 3 by default. Your dial plans are only executing while the call is being processed by the sipsorcery server and complete once a call is answered or rejected. It's possible to route incoming calls based solely on a SIP account's bindings and in that case there is no dialplan execution required and hence no limit.
shahram wrote:3.
is it possible to play a voice before the call (that is eg regarding the first question, 2 people who are connected to their own voip accounts, for each, the amount of money remaining in their account is queried through some web url and played before their call)
No the sipsorcery service has no media functions so you cannot do any audio functions at all using it. However what you can easily do is pair a sipsorcery service with one from anveo.com or tropo.com to provide all the media functions you could possibly need.
shahram wrote:4.
is it possible to execute an action after each calls end (a log of call details, duration etc.. and do something based on it)
No there is no feature that allows you to initiate an action when a call is hungup. The sipsorcery server will log all the call's details to a call detail record that can then be pulled using a web service API but you'd need to integrate that yourself.
shahram wrote:5.
and last, I am new with DNS SRV,
with callcentric, to bypass isp restrictions on port 5060, they told me about an address of them that apparently uses DNS SRV and No port (I assume its 80),
I read around how to set my domain as DNS SRV, but since I dont know much about this system, can I actually make it to point to sipsorcery?
Yes sipsorcery supports SRV records both for your providers, such as callcentric, and for your own domain if you want to host it as sipsorcery.

shahram

Post by shahram » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:39 am

thank you for your answers,
There is no limit on the number of extensions. There is a limit on the number of simultaneous dial plan executions, which is 3 by default. Your dial plans are only executing while the call is being processed by the sipsorcery server and complete once a call is answered or rejected. It's possible to route incoming calls based solely on a SIP account's bindings and in that case there is no dialplan execution required and hence no limit.
I see, so from my understanding, if 4 of us want to initiate a call at the same time, the 4th one will fail till one of the executions is finished (eg a call is answered).

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:56 am

Yes that's correct. The limit can be lifted at a cost of $6/year per extra dialplan execution.