Google Voice Setup?

Getting started with the SIP Sorcery
twinclouds

Google Voice Setup?

Post by twinclouds » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:00 pm

I haven't using SipSorcery for quite some time. Now I would like to set up my Google Voice account with SipSorcery again. However, it looks like the interface has been changed. The sip provider add record page looks different from the Google Voice page in Recipes. There's no Radio button for GV as shown in the recipes GV page. The SIP Provider add record page need server information I don't know what to fill in. Can somebody help? Thanks.

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Google Voice Setup?

Post by Aaron » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:02 am

You need to use the Silverlight portal. It has the radio buttons to choose between SIP and Google Voice.

twinclouds

Post by twinclouds » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:19 am

Aaron:
Thanks. Now I can log in and added my Google Voice account and bind my sip device (XLite). The sip device was registered but it shows "0 SIP provider binding are registered". When I made calls, it always showed "Could not find _mr_se key ... can you let me know how to correct that?
I have a couple questions hope you can answer. For call back number, I used callcentric DID number. In the provider registration, not sure where I should register it. Moreover, in dial plan (I used Mike Telis' basic Ruby plan), do I need to add "case req.URI.User
when /^00/ then sys.Dial("cheapintlcalls")
else sys.Dial("MyGoogleVoice")
end"
as showed in the recipes?
Thanks in advance.

twinclouds

Post by twinclouds » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:22 am

I eventually made it work. The main issue was gmail blocked the login from SS. After that was fixed, everything worked as expected. Also, from a friend who is more experienced with SS than me, I learned that if using right dial plan with GV information in it, I don't need to register GV on SS. It works very well for me. It is very reliable and the ring back delay is pretty short. Thanks to Aaron for the good work.