SipSorcery Requirements

Getting started with the SIP Sorcery
inavas

SipSorcery Requirements

Post by inavas » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:37 pm

Hi,

I'm a little bit stuck trying to configure SipSorcery. I've followed the manual literally, but I think that before you start installing sipsorcery, you need to have installed certain things, isn't it?

For example, I'm trying to move the XML data to PHPMYADMIN. So.. you need to have installed phpmyadmin on your server .
Then, you need to send emails from sipsorcery, so... you need to have SMTP configured on you server too.

What's exactly what I must do? Where is sipsorcery installed? It's a server itself? Where I'm supposed to install the phpmyadmin?
I know how to install 'phpmyadmin', I've installed many phpmyadmin, but inside a 'server' (like apache, for example). but here.. where's supposed I have to install that things?

I'm sorry if I'm not explaining myself too good.. but I'm a little bit frustrated :cry:

Any help will be appreciated.

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: SipSorcery Requirements

Post by Aaron » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:40 am

The sipsorcery software is really geared towards developer types who know their way around .Net. I wouldn't recommend trying to install it if you don't have at least a minimal programming background.

There are equivalent products that do most of what sipsorcery can do and more such as Asterisk, FreeSWITCH, YATE etc. And those projects have the added advantage of lots of community documentation and support behind them.

inavas

Re: SipSorcery Requirements

Post by inavas » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:16 pm

I think my question has nothing to do with programming skills. I know .NET, I have made some programs in .net. But my question is focused on the SYSTEM of sipsorcery, not in the language.

I'm asking for software/services requeriments, not the language.

Anyway thanks for your answer.