Ruby Code, Inbound call switch

Getting started with the SIP Sorcery
captainkebab

Ruby Code, Inbound call switch

Post by captainkebab » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:51 am

Hello,

I am using voipdiscount. I would like to know whether it is possible to use mysipswitch in combination with voxalot in order to place calls with VoipDiscount. Here is the clarification:

I would call the sipbroker access numbers and dial the number of my voxalot account
Then I would like to be able to place calls through my voipdiscount accont (as that provider only offers limited access numbers throughout the world)

Additionally, I would like to know how calls can be forwarded using certain sip accounts. In the help section I found:

5) inboundnb = req.Header.From.FromURI.User
6)
7) case inboundnb
8 ) when /^0034/ then sys.Dial(”0039051xxxxxx@provider1″)

How do I configure provider1? Is there a general help section on the Ruby programming language?

Thanks a lot for your support.
Regards
CaptainKebab

gbonnet
Site Admin

Post by gbonnet » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:51 pm

Hi CaptainKebab,

"Provider1" :

The 1st thing you need to do is to register your SIP Accounts details. In the configuration page, just underneath the menu you'll see a "Add new" link.
Click on it and add your Voipdiscount details. If you don't want/need to receive calls with it, don't tick the 'Register with this provider' box.
Name it, for instance, voipdiscout, or provider1 or kebab ...
That name will be used in the dial plan, as in the example you copied/pasted.

You'll also need to add your voxalot details.

Then with the actual dial plan, I recommend you the article we published on the blog : Inbound call management with Ruby.

If you are stuck, do not hesitate to post again

HTH
Guillaume

PS: I moved your post to the Getting Started section
Blueface [url=http://www.blueface.ie/]Phone[/url] Service

captainkebab

place calls with voipdiscount on mysipswitch

Post by captainkebab » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:07 pm

thanks a lot for your information. It really helped.

I have another question:

I do use voipdiscount to place national and international calls. However, the access numbers are rare and not available in every country.

I would like to know if I can call my voxalot account throught the known pstn numbers and then somehow switch my call to my voipdiscount account to place international calls. To put it short, does anybody know anther way to increase the access numbers for voipdiscount (e.g. use also sipbroker access numbers)

Thank you for your support

Regards
CaptainKebab

sudeepdennis

Post by sudeepdennis » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:17 am

You can register at sipbroker with login as "yoursipswitchaccount@sip.mysipswitch.com" and any password (not your sipswitch password). After registering, login to sipbroker, and under the "SIP Broker alias" provide your country and alias you want. Submit, and int he next screen, at the top, you will get a message like

Code: Select all

Your SIP Broker number(s) are *011-123456 
You can use this code for calling from any sip broker access number. This will reach your sipswitch dial plan, and you can set the outgoing call to voipdiscount.

captainkebab

Post by captainkebab » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:38 am

okay,

I understand your explanation. Basically, I open another account. Every call from that account is forwarded to somewhere else.

However, in my dialplan I can only set one number to be forwarded to. Is there a way to be able to call all / mulitple destination numbers using that sipbroker account as my access number and the call fees managed by my voipdiscount account?

Thanks for the fast response.
CaptainKebab

sudeepdennis

Post by sudeepdennis » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:08 am

This might help:

1. Register for free account at pbxes.com. Register to tpad.
2. make a trunk for tpad and one for mysipswitch.
3. in inbound routing point tpad to "calthru"
4. in outbound routing keep myswitchswitch

Call the Sip broker PSTN access number. Dial *8142-<your tpad number>
You will hear a dial tone. Dial the destination number
The destination number will be processed by the dial plan in your sipswitch account.

TheFug

Post by TheFug » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:40 pm

sudeepdennis wrote:

Call the Sip broker PSTN access number. Dial *8142-<your tpad number>
You will hear a dial tone. Dial the destination number
The destination number will be processed by the dial plan in your sipswitch account.
You should also place a asterisk before the Tpad number in this particular case: *8412*XXXXXX

(notice also the correct Tpad prefix)
Thanks, The Fug.

gear: my ISP's Zyxel Modem/Router in bridge, Sitecom WL309 Router, Siemens Gigaset 301D