Anybody used Whistle Phone as a sipsorcery provider?

Support zone
Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Anybody used Whistle Phone as a sipsorcery provider?

Post by Aaron » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:46 am

I think some other people have been able to register successfully with whistlephone from sipsorcery?

RobbyG

Post by RobbyG » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:15 am

Aaron wrote:I think some other people have been able to register successfully with whistlephone from sipsorcery?
I haven't gotten it to work reliably, I was getting the "dns entry not found" error when trying to register via the proxy1.whistlephone.com (and proxy2,proxy3, proxy4) names so I used the IP address instead but I periodically lose my registration to one or more of the servers during the day. This makes inbound calls unreliable since the could come in on any proxy and if you happen to have lost the registration on that proxy the call won't come through.

azrobert

Post by azrobert » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:45 pm

Robbyg,
Based on your post, I tried the following:
I defined 4 providers(Whistle1-4), each with my Whistle phone number as the Username and my Whistle password.
I used "8.18.118.17", "63.209.141.29", "8.18.118.18" and "63.209.141.30" for Server.
Whistle1,2,4 registered, but with an expiry of 60 seconds. Whistle3 failed to register.
Outbound calls on Whistle1 fail with ”407 Proxy Authentication Required".
I tried about a dozen inbound calls and they all failed.

Could you tell us how you got this to work?

You could define a Follow Me number on WhistlePhone. I used my IPComms number. This seems to increase the latency/delay compared to the Whistle client, but it would make your inbound calls reliable.

RobbyG

Post by RobbyG » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:59 pm

I did something similar but I think for proxy3 I left it as proxy.whistlephone.com instead since it resolves to the same IP. I routed my outgoiong calls through this connection and they worked fine at first. Like I mentioned, the main problem I had was that I could not keep all proxies registered so outbound and inbound calls were unreliable. I posted over at BBR asking if anyone was experiencing issues with losing registration on Asterisk and Maz Ilo responded and said no, it was working great for him on his Asterisk server.

stav

Post by stav » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:57 am

Same problem here,
One or more servers loose registration at a certain point. Did someone find a workaround? Maybe in Asterisk?
Thanks

AviMarcus

Post by AviMarcus » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:47 am

stav wrote:Same problem here,
One or more servers loose registration at a certain point. Did someone find a workaround? Maybe in Asterisk?
Thanks
Or in FreeSWITCH:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Provide ... istlePhone
Help document SIP Sorcery on the wiki!
If you solved an issue you were having or figured out how to do something, please share on the wiki! It will save everyone lots of time and frustration.

stav

Post by stav » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:57 pm

AviMarcus wrote:
Thanks
Or in FreeSWITCH:
Thanks for the headups,
Just installed PiAF and configured it to work with GV. Looking at WP as an alternative in case GV starts charging for calls. I had a quick look at freeswitch and it looks great. I may give it a try sometime. For now I'll focus on getting better with PiAF.
Thanks for pointing me to this link,
Stav

AviMarcus

Post by AviMarcus » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:48 pm

Indeed, freeswitch is great.
I've been hacking fusionpbx to add what more I've wanted to a gui, but there's a ubuntu ISO (or quick install script) at http://wiki.fusionpbx.com/index.php?tit ... _10.04#ISO

-Avi
If you solved an issue you were having or figured out how to do something, please share on the wiki! It will save everyone lots of time and frustration.

stav

Post by stav » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:19 pm

AviMarcus wrote:
Thanks
Or in FreeSWITCH:
I followed your link above and it seems to me there are several flavors to choose from. I'm very new to this so not sure what to choose. I prefer XP version but it seems that there are several steps involved to have it working right. I do have Ubuntu 10.10 machine available for some testing if the linux version is easier to install, configure and run. Is there a GUI version of freeswitch like the PIAF. What would you suggest?
Thanks

AviMarcus

Post by AviMarcus » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:45 pm

freeswitch is an application, like sipsorcery or asterisk. Freeswitch is a C binary, so it can be installed on any OS - I think there's a windows install, that even has fusionpbx, but I think it's quite old.
If you join #freeswitch or #fusionpbx on freenode, they can help you.

For windows, you can build it, or download it via this page: http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Install ... or_Windows but the download ready made is quite old.

For ubuntu, you can use the install script on the page I mentioned before.