Can't make outgoing calls

Support zone
jayesh

Can't make outgoing calls

Post by jayesh » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:02 am

Hi

I am facing an odd problem. I use google voice infrequently to test apps and or catch up with friends.

http://pastebin.com/1uGTVEqZ

This is my log. I have a Gizmo 5 account configured on Google voice. I made my sipsorc account in may and since then it was working flawlessly. Made no changes to it since that time period. What is happening now is that i can receive calls fine. When i try to make outgoing calls to the US or anywhere else, the line just rings and never seems to connect. The log is available above.

Do i need to make some changes in the dialplan?

synchron

Re: Can't make outgoing calls

Post by synchron » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:38 pm

In your DP, for Gizmo, r u using 7 for the phone type? Does callbacks work from the Google Voice web page using your Gizmo number?

Other than that, all I can suggest is to get additional providers/free DIDs as a backup. There's always consistent problems with the 2 Gizmo accounts I have. Sometimes, like in your case, they time out (lasts several days, then it works again). Currently, one of my accounts, even when the call goes through, always hangs up at 2 minute mark. I treat Gizmo as my least order of priority with the other providers I have (IPComms, IPKall, Sipgate).

Synchron 8)

choebear

Post by choebear » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:56 pm

I'm troubleshooting this problem for someone else. This is what I have come up with:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/v ... n&start=80

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/v ... 8691&hl=en

mobilebone

Post by mobilebone » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:02 pm

It seems like Gizmo5 ...screwed up. I have the same problem. It started like 3 weeks ago. Outgoing calls are not working, due to callback timeout. Even if I log in with plain Gizmo5 credentials instead of sipsorcery, incoming calls do not go through.

jayesh

Post by jayesh » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:16 pm

Well with gizmo 5 having gone awol, which service is suggested for solving this problem. I am using ipkall for my incoming. That works fine. My outgoing however ( trying to dial nos. out using google voice) is completely dead.

reraikes

Post by reraikes » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:40 am

FWIW, Gizmo5 and IPKall are both working fine for me, both standalone and with Google Voice.

mrdally204

Post by mrdally204 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:44 am

ditto with gizmo 5. I think they are hit and miss sometimes with their incomming calls, but outgoing have worked fine for me. I am using a very basic dialplan as well. Perhaps you can post yours for further help

mobilebone

Post by mobilebone » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:46 pm

reraikes wrote:FWIW, Gizmo5 and IPKall are both working fine for me, both standalone and with Google Voice.
I guess your luck depends on your number. Not all numbers are affected.

mobilebone

Post by mobilebone » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:48 pm

jayesh wrote:Well with gizmo 5 having gone awol, which service is suggested for solving this problem. I am using ipkall for my incoming. That works fine. My outgoing however ( trying to dial nos. out using google voice) is completely dead.
I had a sipgate account, and all I had to do is replace the Gizmo5 number in the sipsorcery dialplan with the sipgate number. Worked instantly. Screw Gizmo5! I'll check them out once they go public again.

mobilebone

Post by mobilebone » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:01 pm

Seems like the Gizmo5 problem has been fixed now.