Bad audio with myipswitch

Support zone
bvdbergh

Bad audio with myipswitch

Post by bvdbergh » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:16 pm

I am a Noob in this world.
I bought a targa Dip 450 internetfoon. It was possible to make internet calls with budgetphone (pre-paid number) for incomming calls and make calls with voipbuster. For that i used voxalot to make it possible now is voxalot asking money for their services so i cannot use this for free anymore.
So i want to use mysipswitch. I can now make calls out with voipbuster. But for incomming calls my telephone is ringing but when i answer the foon i do not hear anything and the calling person is also nog hearing anything.
My question is this how can i make it possible that i can hear incomming calls? Has this something to do with codec?

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:16 pm

Hi bvdbergh,

See if your phone has an option for a STUN server and if so put in sip.mysipswitch.com as the STUN server. That might help.

Aaron

bvdbergh

Post by bvdbergh » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:17 pm

thanks Aaron for ur fast answer but the idea with the stun server dit not work :(
Has it something to do with the codec?
Is it possible to forward all calls to sip:username@viopbuster.com ?

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:36 am

bvdbergh wrote:thanks Aaron for ur fast answer but the idea with the stun server dit not work :(
Has it something to do with the codec?
Is it possible to forward all calls to sip:username@viopbuster.com ?
Hi bvdbergh,

If you put sip:username@viopbuster.com in as the contact for the SIP account that you are receiving the calls on then you can get them ot go to voipbuster.

Hth,

Aaron

bvdbergh

Post by bvdbergh » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:47 pm

I filled bij "add new"on the configuration page at the line "contact": sip:username@sip.voipbuster.com in. But when i call than the number it gives me the sound that number does nog exist :( do i something wrong? :(

althought thanks for ur help..