Please help me with a simple dialing plan.

Support zone
tonytale

Please help me with a simple dialing plan.

Post by tonytale » Wed May 04, 2011 6:57 am

I have a sipgate-one provider registered to my Sip Sorcery account that I'm using along with Express Talk softphone software. All are properly showing up in my Sip Sorcery acct. The problem is that I can't make or receive call because I think I'm not doing the dial plan correctly. The softphone connects fine to my Sip Sorcery acct, but immediately disconnects after one ring giving me this message:

Express Talk Run
SIP Private IP is: 192.xxx.1.xx:5080
SIP Public IP is: 1xx.56.xxx.122:50654
SIP Number: tonytale@173.56.xxx.xxx:xx654
Attempting to register sip:tonyxxxx@sipsorcery,com
Registered as: sip:tonyxxxx@sipsorcery,com
Initiated sip call to: 3475464xxx
Error. Other side said: Dial plan execution exceeded maximum allowed

Then when I check the call tab on my SS Portal it does show the calls that are trying to be placed in the CDRs but it say's status 480... Dial plan execution exceeded maximum allowed.

I have been trying different dial plans all week without luck. Today I found a Ruby Wizard that generated a Ruby Simple Plan Script that I was sure would work. I uploaded here:
DIALPLAN.PNG
DIALPLAN IM USING.
DIALPLAN.PNG (176.23 KiB) Viewed 1982 times
. please view it as it is what I am using as my current non-working dialplan.

Am I doing something wrong? Can anyone post exactly what I should do I tried dozens of scripts already as I
just want to get this soft phone to work in conjunction with my GV...sip-one...SS accounts. Thanks.

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Please help me with a simple dialing plan.

Post by Aaron » Wed May 04, 2011 10:17 am

tonytale wrote:Then when I check the call tab on my SS Portal it does show the calls that are trying to be placed in the CDRs but it say's status 480... Dial plan execution exceeded maximum allowed.
That was caused by a bug in the account creation process setting the maximum allowed executions of the default dialplan to 0 which obviously isn't much good. I've fixed the bug now and updated the maximum execution count so calls will work.

Thanks for posting the detailed description.

tonytale

Post by tonytale » Wed May 04, 2011 5:21 pm

Thank you Arron for the fast response.
Ok I no longer get the 480... Error. Other side said: Dial plan execution exceeded maximum allowed
It seems that your fixing the regi-bug has fixed that Error. However now when I try to place a call it is telling me that it can't because of
Error 404... Not Found (No match) Then a Admin Trace Report is sent to my Email address. I have it posted here for you to view in hopes for a
possible fix or solution. Thank you:
Sip-Trace.PNG

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Wed May 04, 2011 11:01 pm

The 404 error is most likely an indication that the call is not being forwarded in your dial plan in the manner you or one of your SIP Providers expected.

Rather than a SIP trace can you open the Silverlight client and on Console tab connect with the default filter. Then try and place a call and you will get a series of log messages about your dial plan execution. Post those messages and we should be able to help.

mnipp

Post by mnipp » Thu May 05, 2011 1:02 am

The problem is likely the dashes(-) in your dialled number (sip:999-555-4444@sipgate.com).
Likely caused by a copy and paste into a computer dialler not a phone keypad.

Here is a filter you can add to your dial plan.

Code: Select all

num = req.URI.User.to_s       # Get dialled number eg >> (999) 555-4444 <<
 num = num.gsub(/[^0-9*#]/,'') # delete all but ( 0-9 # * ) on numbers.
 sys.Dial("#{num}@sipgate")    # dial eg sip:9995554444@sipgate
billion 7404VGP
dialplan (<9*:*>[0-9*][0-9*].T<:@sipbroker>|[0-9*].T)

tonytale

Post by tonytale » Thu May 05, 2011 1:52 am

Ok I copied the SL client console file log after making a few calls like you said and I tried to post them here using plain text but the SS forum wont let me post it as it says: Your post looks too spamy for a new user, please remove off-site URLs.
So please view a snapshot of the log file here: [attachment=0]Filterfile.PNG[/attachment]
Note: I had a much larger file but had to keep trimming it down as only 256 kib are allowed as uploaded attachment files.
I hope this log file will provide you with some answers. Thanks again.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Thu May 05, 2011 2:30 am

Looks like you've got the number going out to sipgate in the correct format now. The last call in the trace indicates an authentication problem. Try double checking the password on your sipgate SIP provider account.

tonytale

Post by tonytale » Thu May 05, 2011 4:28 am

Arron thanks for all your help so far. You were right for some reason my sipgate provider had reset my default password and now outbound calls are a go. However I am still unable to receive inbound calls. There is no error code or anything at all. Do I need to add more scripts or codes to this Dial Plan in order to finally have a fully functional softphone? (Inbound/Outbound) If yes... would you please post it in a simple way that I would just be able to cut and paste as was the case with this out going dialing plan generated by the Ruby Wizard. And being totally novice I would also need you to look over my current plan in this thread to tell me EXACTLY how and where to add it . For example right after the word end... or below that where it says ## SMTP Error: could not connect to SMTP host , in addition would I need to change or add anything before updating it........ The reason I ask for so much detail is because I can't dial numbers with (---dashes) in my current plan that we just fixed, and someone other than you within this thread provided a simple cut and paste dial filter that I tried to add yet couldn't get it to work as I probably pasted it into the wrong spot. So as you can see an intellect I'm not. Thanks in advance.

mnipp

Post by mnipp » Thu May 05, 2011 5:12 am

You do not need an inplan if your account settings have the "In Dial Plan" name selector on the [blank] top dialplan setting, to forward calls directly to your sipsorcery phone

Here is the RubyWizard outplan with the number filter on the default(sipgate) provider

Code: Select all

# your OUTGOING call processing.

sys.SetFromHeader("#{req.Header.From.FromName}", nil, nil)  # Set Display Name from phone in CallerID 

#**************************************************
# Simple outplan generated using mnipp-RubyWizard
# Thu, 05 May 2011 04:44:53 +0000 GMT/UTC
# http://forum.sipsorcery.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1901
# >> sipgate << is a name I used in my SIPSorcery SIP Provider settings for calls.

case req.URI.User

# Select dialout provider with 1* 2* etc.. in front of number, ${dst:2} will remove the 1* prefix
    when /^1\*/ then sys.Dial("${dst:2}@sipgate")     # dial (1*number) for (number@sipgate).

# 9*+sipbroker number dialling (eg 9*234..to *234..@sipbroker.com)
    when /^9\*/ then sys.Dial("${dst:1}@sipbroker.com[rm=a]")     # dial (9*number) for (*number@sipbroker.com)

# Add 0* in front of the number for sipsorcery only dial.
    when /^0\*/ then sys.Dial("${dst:2}@local")       # dial (0*number) for (number@sipsorcery.com)

else

# if no matches above.
 # default output provider, with filtered number.
    num = req.URI.User.to_s       # Get dialled number eg >> (999) 555-4444 <<
    num = num.gsub(/[^0-9*#]/,'') # delete all but ( 0-9 # * ) on numbers.
    sys.Dial("#{num}@sipgate")    # dial 9995554444@sipgate
end
billion 7404VGP
dialplan (<9*:*>[0-9*][0-9*].T<:@sipbroker>|[0-9*].T)

tonytale

Post by tonytale » Thu May 05, 2011 6:27 am

Wow wonderful thanks I updated the dial plan with your filtered one and presto can now dial out using numbers with dashes(-) ... But am still unclear as to why I am unable to receive any incoming calls? My provider is sipgate-one which provided me with a free US phone number that is registered with Sip Sorcery acct. I dial it using my cellphone and there is no response at all on my softphone which has NO problem dialing out now that we've fixed the dial plan. And I know the sipgate-one acct is receiving the calls for two simple reasons: one I can see the calls on their website Plus if I use their sipgate web based phone app I can hear it ring as well as answer the call. But to that means no ATA or SoftPhone being used and I'd rather have the option to use sip with a router as well as a computer. So I looked over your instructions and am unclear as to which Account you're referencing as well as what the {Blank} stands for etc. So to best answer your question as to how my In-dial plan is configured I took this snapshot of my Sip Sorcery Config here:
In Dial.jpg
In Dial.jpg (38.79 KiB) Viewed 1909 times
Hope this helps.